US$169
Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$43
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$56/night.

Book now, pay at stay
  • Bar/Lounge
US$123
US$115
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$162
US$117
Priceline
US$273
US$227
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2010

From the point-of-view of a college student looking for a cheap place to stay, here's my review:

My friend and I stayed for 5 nights in the smallest room they offered. It had a bunk bed, a very small bathroom with a curtainless shower, a window facing nothing, and a table. that's it. When we arrived everything was dirty and not prepared for us. Dirty sheets, unemptied garbage cans, old towels etc, but they cleaned it up within minutes without a problem. The breakfast consists of bread, apples, cereal and juice. 3 euros for 30 minutes of internet time. The staff was kind and spoke as much English as they could. They will not allow you to bring guests to your room under any circumstances.

The location could not have been better. It is next to Monastiraki Square and multiple avenues of great shopping and dining. The Acropolis can be seen as soon as you walk out the front door of the hotel and is very easy to get to.

I personally did not mind staying there for 5 nights because I was only there to sleep. I went out every single day and night and explored the city. The more negative reviews you've been reading about this place were probably written by folks who booked the hotel and actually spent time there. The nights are very loud late into the night and early morning because of the adjacent clubs, but if you're a college student, you should be out at those clubs anyway. If you're someone on a budget who actually gets out to see things, book Hotel Fivos. It is not a nice hotel by any means, but it provides just enough to get some sleep and some food in you before you head out for the day.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
9  Thank timr006
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This hotel does not have any advantages except its location. It is extremely close to Monastraki and all the historical sites one may want to visit. You do not need to use any kind of transportation if you stay in this hotel. The double room and the bathroom were very small but at least clean. There are no soaps or shampoos provided, so bring your own stuff. There was no way to plug the fridge in the room because there is only one socket in the room and it is near the bed which makes it impossible to plug the fridge. So consider the primitive fridge non-existent. The cupboard was falling apart which also makes it unusable. Also the old windows do not block the noise coming from the main street, so expect a lot of traffic noise. It will not be easy to sleep. The breakfast is practically non-existent, there is nothing proper to eat. The people at the reception are not friendly and do not seem to be knowledgeable neither about Athens nor other parts of Greece. Considering all these disadvantages, the hotel is not even cheap. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lusnag9
Reviewed 21 December 2009

This hotel is horrible. Small rooms, not clean, not confortable and smell strange! BLEEE never more

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oadrian
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Before I booked room in this hotel I read many oppinions about it in the internet that described it as rather poor place with small dirty rooms. That's why I was rather afraid to choose this hotel. Unfortunatelly i didn't have much money to spend on that occasion so i decided to booked there one room.
In fact it was not that bad. However staying there for six night was too long.
When we came there early in the morning we asked if we could leave our luggage before 12oo. First we had to pay whole sum of money for all days we stayed there before checking this room. That was strange for me. Then we could leave our luggage and come back when our room was ready.
Our room was small indeed. All furnitures were old. But it was clean. There was really small bathroom with water leaking from shower into the room.
The worst thing and the best at once about this place was its location. It is close Monastiraki Metro Station and Acropolis so we didn't have to move far away to go sightseeing. But the problem was horrible noise all day long as this hotel is located on very busy street. We couldn't open window because then we couldn't hear each other inside the room. At night was the same. Even though we closed window it was really difficult to fall asleep.
Hotel Fivos offers breakfast which are nothing special. Some eggs, cucamber, tomatoes, some bread, butter or jam. That's all. As they called it: continental breakfast.
If I was in Athens again I could stay there but no longer than 2 nights. So if you want just to visit Acropolis and don't plan to stay in Athens longer it is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank GdyniaMojeMiasto
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I was spending my last night in Athens alone, after touring the islands with a friend and so I was looking for a cheap place with easy access to transportation to the airport. Found this place on Hostelworld and it didn't have the best reviews, but nothing that made me doubt I would be ok there for one night.

When I got there, there had been a mix up and my reservation had been cancelled. I had reserved for a room with AC, a double bed and a private bath. There were none of those left and the owner told me that the price that the website had given me was wrong anyway, that that type of room was 15Euros more. There was no point arguing since none were available anyway, but it did make me doubt the guy's honnesty. He said he only had one room left which had twin beds and a shared bathroom and it was the same price I was supposed to pay. I said ok, because I was desperate and didn't really have the time or energy to look for something else. I had to climb 6 floors with my suitcase in horrible heat, cause no elevators or AC in the halls. When I got to the room, I was shocked. It was like a jail cell: Bunk beds, with about the same size space next to it. A tiny fridge that was not plugged in. A tiny window that led to a dirty outdoor fire escape area and a tiny fan that supposedly let air into the room. The bathroom was disgusting! I was scared to touch anything using it and new I would not dare attempt a shower there.

I left to try to get my mind off it, telling myself it wouldn't be so bad, but when I came back at night, it was worse. It was so suffocating and the fan did nothing. There was a tiny window that led into the stairway with no curtain, so people could see if you were on the top bunk. Plus the door to the fire escape did not lock, so anyone could go there and squeeze into my room by the little window. I wanted to cry. Went down and a girl was at the desk. When I asked if there had been any cancelations and told her my room, I could tell she knew which one I was talking about and she felt bad for me. While we were chatting, 2 girls came down and said they were not staying, so she offered me their room, which they had not slept in, a double with AC and private bath. Finally! Well the room wasn't much better in terms of cleanliness and the bathroom door didn't close, but the AC worked and I didn't see any bugs, so I slept a little and left as soon as I could in the morning.

I've stayed at many budget hotels in the past and there was no reason for this place to be so unwell kept. The owner was so unhelpful and untrustworthy. Despite the location, I would never ever want to stay in a place remotely like this and would warn people to stay away unless you have a high tolerance for dirtiness.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo