All reviewsfresh orange juicean updatelocal hospitalprivate parkinggreek yogurtvisiting athensbreakfast buffetnice staydecent hotelshopping areacomfy bedperfect choicenice breakfastexcellent locationfriendly hotelclean roomsport
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Not sure I understand some of the comments from TripAdvisor users concerning this hotel. Look, its a 3* hotel, don't expect luxury. As far as 3* hotels go, this was pretty good. I spent 2 nights here on a business trip to the Port of Piraeus. I've rated this hotel as a 3* hotel - I've tried to address how good a 3* hotel it is.

The rooms are quite large, most importantly, they are clean. The bed is comfortable, but the room is pretty basic. Just a small flat screen TV, a small bar fridge and that is about it. Sure, it could do with a lick of paint and new carpets, but it is clean, comfortable and cheap - you want new carpets and a fresh coat of paint, go to a more expensive 4* hotel. The hotel staff were great, very friendly, extremely helpful, and all speak good English. The hotel has two lifts, which while a little slow were not too bad.

My only real complaint concerned the shower, it was tiny. I am a big guy (over 6 foot tall) and I had to squeeze in through the shower door, make sure you protect your wedding tackle on the way in, and then once inside the cubicle I banged my elbows several times! Having said that, the water pressure was great! Just bring your own soap and shampoo as what they provide is not great.

The wifi was pretty good and free - I managed to vpn and remote desktop without any problems.

The reception area of the hotel is pretty good, and may lead you to expect a better quality room - the reception area is in much better shape than the rooms, so manage your expectations.

The breakfast was pretty good. Its basic, but good basic - all fresh ingredients. All the food was great and I particularly liked the fresh orange juice machine.

Would I recommend this hotel - if you want an inexpensive not frills hotel yes, you can't get much better value for money. If you are looking for luxury, keep looking.

Room Tip: Room 611 faces into an internal courtyard and so you are spared the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Edwin G
Reviewed 16 October 2015

My travel companion and I arrived here on the Athens airport bus X96. Get off at metro stop Dimotico Theatre. DO NOT TAKE THE BUS TO THE LAST STOP IN PIRAEUS (which we were told to do at the airport). The bus stops in front of the int'l arrivals building. There is a small kiosk near the bus stops where you must buy the tickets before getting on the bus (5 euros each as of Oct, 2015). The ride takes maybe 1.5 hours in bad traffic but the bus is very clean and has a/c. If taxies charge by time rather than distance, it would have been a very expensive ride. Ask directions to the hotel after you arrive in Piraeus. It's maybe a four block walk on crowded, bumpy sidewalks.
The ONLY small drawback we had when we arrived is that our room wasn't ready. We had to wait maybe 20 minutes.
Everyone we had dealings with in the hotel spoke good to excellent English. They were pleasant, informative, helpful and patient. I am so glad they were our first real contact in Piraeus.
The hotel itself is immaculately clean in both the public areas and the rooms. The beds were a little hard for my taste but maybe that's just me. The free internet works well in both the public areas and the rooms. The included breakfast is substantial. It is not a luxurious hotel but a very satisfactory one. The location is good. It's on a main street, maybe a half mile walk, again on rough, a bit hilly terrain not suitable for anyone who doesn't walk too well, but doable if you have no walking problems. The port itself is very long. There are maybe ten "piers" (door ways to the different ferries) that might extend for 3/4 of a mile. It would be best to know the pier number before you get to the pier you need. We bought our tickets from a travel agent someone at the hotel recommended. Depending on the time of year you go, that's probably a good idea. The price was the same through the agent and at the pier itself. There are no senior discounts, we tried. Also, even if you book and buy a ferry at a certain time, you can change the reservation w/o penalty as long as you do it before the boat is scheduled to leave.
The ferry was substantially more expensive than we expected. We went to a beautiful island (Spetses) but maybe should have checked on the ferry price before we booked the non-refundable island hotel.
The Savoy Hotel in Piraeus let us leave our large suitcases for no charge while we were at the island. We will stay there on our return before taking a cruise. The cruise ship terminal is supposedly near or a part of the ferry terminal. I'll post more regarding that when we return from the cruise. This is early/mid October and the weather is magnificent. So far everything has gone w/o a problem and has been delightful.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Sheryl_Jordan
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Clean, comfortable bed, very smal bathroom, all together a small Room, but for one night good enough..... breakfast buffet.......best feature.. fresh orange juice press machine. Only Euro 5 with the Taxi to the Ship Terminal.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I was looking for a cheap and decent room where to sleep a couple of nights during a business trip at Pireaus and at Savoy Hotel I found it! Great Value for money! A double room for single use at 44,00 Eur/day, breakfast included, (found by BOOKING.COM). Good breakfast in the morning. Courtesy of the personnel quite good. So even if nothing is excellent at Savoy Hotel , everything is more than acceptable, especially if compared with the daily rate.

Room Tip: Rooms facing main street are a little noisy due to traffic. Better top ask for an inside room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank 174nicola
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Great hotel. Staff very helpful good English. Excellent breakfast Good assortment. Room very clean. Good AC. Close to the
Ferries to Greek islands. Would stay there again. Reasonably price. Good restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple