“Old but comfortable”
Review of Hotel Triton

Hotel Triton
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Piraeus
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We arrived at this hotel around 10 p.m. to be warmly greeted by staff on duty. The lift is very small ie two people and two suitcases at a time. This was not a problem even though we were travelling with other friends.

Our rooms unfortunately smelled of smoke even though we booked non-smoking rooms. Unfortunately in Greece, smoking is a problem for anyone who is allergic to smoke. We did find that there was a gentleman who may have been in charge of cleaning, who smoked in his office on our floor so the whole area smelled of smoke. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable, but it was very basic. The bathroom was very small but manageable.

The breakfast which we had included, was excellent. There were many things to choose from, both Greek and western and it would have been very easy to over indulge.

If we went back to Piraeus, we would be happy to stay here again but maybe upgrade to a room with a balcony. The hotel was not very far from the port and Ferry booking agents.

The shops in Piraeus surprised us ie H & M, Marks and Spencer and Zara. We didn't expect that standard of shops at all.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms may have better view although our room above entrance was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Triton

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great friendly team, they really went out of their way when we arrived late. If your heading to the islands like we were, then this place is so close to the ferries. Rooms are OK, had a view of the port. One small thing guys, you need larger towels, they are small. That's the only gripe we had.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

When my dad and I arrived in Piraeus for an overnight stop we were knackered from the stressful day of travelling we had. However, as soon as we arrived at the hotel all of our exhaustion soon was driven from our mind by the lovely, and very kind staff. We were stressing about finding a place to eat as well, but we're delighted upon finding that the restaurant in the hotel stayed open to 11 pm I believe, but I might be wrong. When we arrived at the restaurant we had a delightful and kind waiter who was glad to tell us the specials, which was quite a long list, and recommended the pasta carbonara which is delicious. Not only that but so is the Greek salad, overall a fantastic dining experience. In the morning we woke up and ate breakfast which started at 6 am I think. It was just as good as the dinner the night before and readied us for a day of intense ferrying. Would highly recommend for anyone staying in Piraeus overnight, or for any length of time!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
vasiliki k, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Hotel Triton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear guest ,
we really thank you for taking the time to write your positive opinion about our hotel .
We appreciate all your kind words and we are looking forward to staying in our hotel again !
manolaraki sofia reservation manager

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 hours because I missed my ferry and really didn't know where else to go. I came in and the staff quickly helped me with a room so I could get some rest -even though it was only for 5 hours. The hotel is really nice, the rooms are clean and have good air conditioning. The bed was perfect and I had some good hours of sleep. I will go there again the next time I miss my ferry;)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a place that is conveniently located near the port, reasonably priced but that offers extra comfort and kindness, this is your place! We didn't have to bother to find a guarded garage as the hotel has a couple of parking slots right in front of its 24-7 reception. We had a dog with us, which was announced in the booking of course, and had the surprise to find a present for her: toys and chewy toys, food bowl and leash. I would definitely go back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family