My daughter and I have just returned from a week's stay and have had a lovely relaxing holiday. We didn't pay extra for a sea view, but had a room on the 8th floor which looked over a back street. It was fine - we weren't going to spend long in our room. If you might spend a lot of time on your balcony you might prefer the sea view. The room was fine - only one socket available for charging phones etc., and that was when you unplugged the fridge, and the hairdryer in the bathroom was not great, so best to take one with you, but everything else great. The food was,so good -,couldn't't fault it. Different themed evenings like bbq, Cretan, Asian, lots of lovely salads, fruit and desserts. No horrible queues for tables or food. Drinks,were great too (we were all inclusive and you really didn't have to spend any other money if you didn't want to. Try the Cubanito or Pina Colada cocktails which were lively. The restaurant I overlooked the sea - fab views and setting. The entertainment was not our thing - bingo, dancing, games - although you could join in with aqua aerobics, tea tasting and a cookery demo. We often went out after dinner and the hotel was in a great location with an easy walk to the lake and restaurants and bars.Try the,Alexandros Rooftop Bar for great music and cocktails and the chance for a bit of a dance. Champagne was €2.50 before 10.30 pm! We did a trip to Elounda and Spinalonga with Thomsons - Spinalonga was very interesting but too many people allocated to one guide so suggest better and cheaper just to get a boat 5 minutes from the hotel and do the trip yourself rather than through tour company. Maybe take a couple of pegs to keep your towel on the sunbeds, could be a little breezy. The weather was gorgeous, very hot and the breeze was lovely, but handy to have a peg to keep things in place. We did struggle a couple of times to get a sunbed but liked to go just over the road to a pebbly beach, which was nice and peaceful. There is also a sandy beach not far away. 7 euros on either beach for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella.
Flights ok, transfer on the,way back took a long time so that we arrived at airport just an hour before our flight time, then you have to queue outside the airport, as it is so small and they can't fit everyone inside. No time in airport to shop or stock up on snacks but we still made the flight.
All in all a really good holiday - the food and location getting the top marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos, Crete
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos