We traveled to Crete as a family for the 2nd year in a row. We chose this hotel for its position and pool. The travel agency said nothing about a dress code for dinner. So in the first evening, a very angry waiter speaking Russian, yelled at me. After a few minutes of confusion a English speaker came and explained that I could only eat outside of the restaurant and my wife can bring me the food, I was not allowed to the buffet. The next evening I came with a sports outfit (long) and I was allowed to eat. How was this more elegant?
The position (excellent) +++
Close to the city center, incredible view from the pool.
The room (Bad)--
The extra bed was made of stone! (yes) The door handles broke. The bathroom drain was not working. DO NOT TAKE MOUNTAIN VIEW, its more like garbage view. (Yes, garbage, literally)
The food (Ok) +
We had HB, and it was ok, but nothing special.
The pool (Good) ++
Nice pool going from 0.95 m to above 3m.
The beach (Bad)-
They have a tunnel to the beach, but is not the hotels beach and its with stones. There is a small beach with sand 5 min away from the hotel.
Too bad they forgot about the Cretan hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos, Crete
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos