This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel. Again we arrived late at night to a personal welcome and a supper of sandwiches, wine ,fruit and water in our room ; we took the food to the bar and just had time for a drink before the all inclusive finished for the night (midnight ) A private transfer is advisable as the journey is approx. an hour from the airport and with drop offs this can double .
The rooms are a little tired but are spotlessly clean with daily maid service . On the day we left we booked a late checkout , the maid tidied our room whilst we were at breakfast and left 8 clean towels one for each of us to use later in the day . My 84yr old mother requested a kettle to make a hot drink if she woke in the night and was brought a complete tray with cups ,saucers, tea bags etc and her request for an extra pillow was sorted within a few minutes. This is the kind of attention that makes this hotel great.
Plug sockets are limited for charging devices so it may be worth investing in a multi charger if this will be a problem for you . The shower is the over bath kind but was praised by the youngsters in out party as being better than the power shower at home !My father loved the space in the rooms and public areas and all the places you can sit and relax both inside and out .
Our daughters and their partners used the salt water pool daily but were a bit frustrated that the 45 min sunbed unattended rule was not upheld by the staff so sunbeds were not always available having said that they managed to get to get one within a few minutes.
The food was excellent , choice and quality even the desserts which can be a let down in some hotels. As a party of 8 we sat inside for dinner but as couples during the day always managed to get a terrace table to enjoy the amazing view with our meal.
The local drinks on the all inclusive were fine , There was a comment that a more extensive cocktail menu would be good but there is a basic selection included and the pay bar downstairs does a great range .
What really makes this hotel is it's staff who are friendly and fun. I felt safe in the knowledge that if I needed assistance for my parents that help would be there 24/7. The other big bonus is it's location ; 10 mins walk to the nearest sandy beach, 10 mins to town and the lake and right opposite the bay.
As a multi generation family there was something for everyone at the hotel and in the resort itself.
This hotel and Ag Nik have a special place in my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos, Crete
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos