Upon arrival to the hotel, we were checked in swiftly and efficiently and our bags were offered to be carried up to our room. We were located on the fifth floor which was perfect as both the restaurant and pool area on the same floor as this.
The rooms are a little dated, but this wasn't a problem for us. We found the outside seating area wonderful as we could sit and look out to the wonderful views. The beds are a little hard, but you can ask for extra pillows which help! The room was kept clean every day, the maid would come in at around 2pm and provide fresh towels if needed or linens, I really couldn't fault her, she was amazing!
We were all inclusive so had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel every day with all our local branded drinks included too. Breakfast was great, lots of different options, whether you wanted cooked or something lighter. We weren't too keen on lunch inside the buffet so opted to eat this at the snack pool bar instead, where the chef made fresh to order pizzas, sandwiches, pasta etc. and this was delicious every day. Dinner was themed most nights and there wasn't one theme we didn't enjoy, I loved this idea as it meant plenty of variation! The waiters and waitresses were all amazing, so attentive and friendly! Especially the ones in the main bar located on the fifth floor - they were brilliant, equally the girls in Café Del Mar! We used the bar on the ground floor every single night of our stay and it didn't bother us having to pay for the drinks as the lady made the cocktails so well, they were a delight!
Our only grumble would be the sun loungers - this isn't entirely the hotels fault - more the early bird risers who would be down dragging sun loungers about at 7am! In the end we gave up trying to find one and just went down in our own time. The pool is sea water so has a bit of a bite to it when you first get in but you soon warm up.
The evening entertainment is actually really good, which surprised us! We attended most evenings and really enjoyed ourselves.
The hotel is in a really good location - easy walking distance into town and you are right by the sea. Our entire stay was wonderful and relaxing - exactly what we wanted.
I wouldn't hesitate to come back and stay here again and have recommended it to all our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the coastal line of Mirabello bay, Hermes hotel gives you the opportunity to tastethe unique Mediterranean Sea and is only one step away from the heart of the lively city ofAgios Nikolaos. Hermes is the perfect starting point for those wishing to explore the wondersof Crete simultaneously offering an experienced service and numerous facilities for yourcomfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hermes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Hermes Hotel Agios Nikolaos, Crete
- Hermes Hotel Crete
- Hermes Agios Nikolaos