There are so many superlatives to describe this place – ‘wonderful’, ‘friendly’, ‘quality’ and ‘an oasis of calm’. Family is very much at its heart. Started by the ‘laid-back philosopher’ Dimitri and the ‘effervescent’ Julia, his wife, the operation is now largely in the hands of their eldest son, the ‘empathetic’ Mano, who seems ever-present together with his delightful wife Hayley and their two small children, Jimmy and Theo. If there were an award system covering every aspect of an apartment complex then this would be ‘AAA’ without any doubt. It has an enormous amount going for it. The location is central to the beach and the harbour side town square (both a maximum 3 minutes’ walk) and all the attractions around them – tavernas, bars, boat and road ‘train’ trips, including to the quaint village of Plaka and the haunting island of Spinalonga opposite it. There are 18 apartments, which is a good number to create a sense of community without edging into the impersonal. They are all well-appointed and are quite clearly maintained to a high standard during the off-season. The pool, and its adjoining toddlers’ pool, is just the right size for a swim or a wallow in the hot weather. There are plenty of sunbeds and areas of shade around the pool, including the relatively new gazebo where you can have breakfast and snacks served from the poolside bar, open until 0030. We spent a fair amount of time around the pool and were easily able to keep an eye on our two granddaughters who absolutely loved the pool, as did Mano’s Jimmy – really ideal for kids and watching parents and grandparents. There is also wifi available around the pool and common areas and within your rooms, which we used, not least to calm the children down watching Netflix or whatever. Whether couples or families or groups of friends you will fall in love with this place and like many others vow to return. When you leave, you feel as if you have left family behind – reviews come and go, but the heart never lies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olive Grove Apartments is a new complex of 14 apartments situated in the center of Elounda well known for its friendly atmosphere and service. There is a large pool and children's pool, also a bar serving snacks and drinks from early morning to late evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Olive Grove Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olive Grove Apartments Elounda
- Olive Grove Apartments Hotel Elounda