“Dreadful experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I was presented with five large prawns, the first two being overcooked and not cleaned and discovered the three underneath were completely rotten, black throughout!, clearly not fresh.

Having munched on four chips which were not "cooked properly" to keep my family company whilst they ate their meal and not wishing to disrupt their meals I then sent the plate back to be then advised I would still need to pay for the meal!

I had every intention to resist as they claimed it was not their fault but their supplier, even though you could clearly see the prawns were rotten before breaking the shells.

I was extremely unhappy that not only did they not wish to claim responsibility for palming off these dreadful prawns but they wanted us to pay for them still, which of course after quite a row we did not.

The salad I saw on my family's plates was extremely limp, sad and certainly not fresh.

How anyone can recommend this restaurant I have no idea, the cook is certainly not a chef and not one I would want to put my family at risk again with

1  Thank adrienn2105

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Good range of local dishes. Excellent seaside location. Delicious food.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Welcoming and friendly staff, typical of the fantastic Cretan hospitality. Great location for lunch or drinks between exploring Rethymnon Fortezza and the Venetian Harbor. Our group of 8 adults sat by the sea, great view but a little windy in April so bring a light jacket. We ordered a variety of typically Cretan dishes including salads, dips and grilled meat. Kindly given complimentary pizza bread, orange slices and raki.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Situated just round the corner from the Venetian Harbour and below the walls of the Fort, directly overlooking the sea. A lovely place to sit in the sun, relax and enjoy the views. Offers a great range of traditional Greek dishes, as well as pizzas, salads etc. The house wine is good and very reasonably priced. Great service. We were served by Maria who was really friendly and keen to ensure we were happy with everything, and taught us how to speak Greek!

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Good place to sit and enjoy the late afternoon. Power for the phones, wifi, good wine, pizza and Cretan dishes. Great friendly service and right price that all together make you want to come back again and again. As we did! :D