“Sea view and good meal”
Review of Fournaki

Fournaki
Ranked #123 of 374 Restaurants in Rethymnon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Found this place on our first night in Rethymnon. Just round from the old harbour on the sea front. The waitress who works there is so helpful. The food was good for the price paid. Always a menu of the day which is fresh fish with a Greek salad. Stuffed vine leaves good. Aubergine starter delicious. And the white wine was good. Great to be sitting by the sea.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I ate here on the first night of my holiday and was a little disappointed. My self and family ordered drinks which did not all make it to the table at the same time and in fact we had to remind the waiting staff on several occasions that we were missing drinks. We were given pre-meal bread which happened to be pizza bread. The pizzas looked nice so that is what we chose to order. The pizzas arrived and although the toppings were nice we all felt that the pizza dough was under cooked and quite dense in consistency. We didn't enjoy the pizza as a result and when the waitress arrived she realised that there was a load of bread. She said that we obviously prefer a thin crust. I don't think we would have minded the pizza that we had if the dough was cooked enough, but what let this restaurant down on this occasion was the waiting staff, sadly.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Wandered past in the evening, to have a look at the fort, and the outside seating area looking over the sea, with a beautiful breeze, looked just the place to have dinner. The staff were incredibly friendly, showing me the vegetarian page in the menu and describing the dishes. They had a high chair for our 10 month old daughter, and the waiting staff made a huge fuss of her, playing peek a boo and chattering to her. I has aubergines, baked in the wood fired oven, with vegetables and feta, husband had a local beef and pork dish. The bread, baked in the pizza oven with olive oil and oregano was delicious, and our daughter loved it. We're were given some baklava on the house with our bill. Price was very reasonable and the atmosphere laid back, no rushing to get us out of our seats. Very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

What a great place! Beautiful location on the sea front with a comfortable environment. The service was great and the staff were very friendly and chatty (particularly Maria!) Food was freshly prepared, delicious and fairly priced. Overall we had a lovely meal.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

I was presented with five large prawns, the first two being overcooked and not cleaned and discovered the three underneath were completely rotten, black throughout!, clearly not fresh.

Having munched on four chips which were not "cooked properly" to keep my family company whilst they ate their meal and not wishing to disrupt their meals I then sent the plate back to be then advised I would still need to pay for the meal!

I had every intention to resist as they claimed it was not their fault but their supplier, even though you could clearly see the prawns were rotten before breaking the shells.

I was extremely unhappy that not only did they not wish to claim responsibility for palming off these dreadful prawns but they wanted us to pay for them still, which of course after quite a row we did not.

The salad I saw on my family's plates was extremely limp, sad and certainly not fresh.

How anyone can recommend this restaurant I have no idea, the cook is certainly not a chef and not one I would want to put my family at risk again with

1  Thank adrienn2105