“Perfect introduction to Greek cuisine”
Review of Petrino

Petrino
Ranked #47 of 365 Restaurants in Naxos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Relaxed atmosphere with a beautiful view and birds chattering overhead. The staff were friendly and laid back and helpful and the food was excellent. I'm always anxious as a vegan traveller that I'll have difficulty getting good food, but the local, traditional vegan option (briam) was amazing, and my starter of olives was very good. Husband (not vegan) had the Amenities to start and Octopus for his main, both of winch he said were delicious.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Treat yourself. This dish is the best. Melt in your mouth. My husband and I shared one serve for lunch and it was plenty. But we don't eat huge amounts.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The food is AMAZING ! I recommend "Amanites" with the local Arsenico cheese and mushrooms. Goat is excellent! Ocotpus and fava is a great choice. Tuna is very good!! This is the type of restaurant you want to go every time. They explain everything you have on the plate. Stuff is friendly and they manage very well with large groups of turists (we were @ 26 every time ).
I was there 5 times and never got disappointed

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Awesome food with outstanding service. Enjoyed dining on all the recommended specials- black hog, lamb, aged steak and more. Unbelievable mushrooms. The presentation is magnificent.
Great location in a beautiful setting. Family operated and owned.
So glad we were able to dine here.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Petrino is an open aired restaurant right on Placka beach. I will start out with my complaint so if you decide to go you can learn from our mistake. The waiter took our order, which included a bottle of wine, bottles of water, three starters and our entries, all at once. That was the mistake. We received the starters, followed in minutes by our entries, followed by our wine 20 minutes later. If it wasn't for this service snafu or if yhrey would have acknowledged the error, I would have rated it higher.

The food itself was great. We had fav beans, a cheese pie and a salad, all great. Two of us had salads for our entree which were good, one called the cake was shaped in a cake with a diced tomatoes as the “frosting”. They have several interesting dishes on the menu. The black pig is delicious, served with tiny squares of pasta.

For dessert you need to have some ice cream from Mitatos right next store, which the waiter will get for you so you can have at your table.

If it wasn't for the service issue described above it would have been a great meal.