“Quiet, peaceful place in Arillas”
Review of Bardis Sun A

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Corfu
Bardis Sun A
Ranked #242 of 404 Hotels in Corfu
Reviewed 12 October 2016

September in Corfu...still warm water and pleasant sunshine. We choosed the western coast for the sunset views (beautiful!!!).
Bardis is a nice clean hotel, 2 minutes from the beach. We had a triple room, actually two bedrooms, with really enough place for us. Big balcony facing the clean swimming-pool and the small garden. Warm welcome by Dorita (thanks again) and a lot of help during our stay. Breakfast basic and good (a big plus for the tasty tomatoes and water melones), maybe some could like a little more diversity. Good wi-fi connection. Enough (and safe) parking places. Really clean and quiet, very good price. I warmly recommend Bardis for those who seek a pleasant, friendly stay at reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2014

I stayed at the Bardis Hotel last year and again this summer. Dorita was as lovely and welcoming as ever and together with her daughter Angelika and another lady (sorry didn't get her name) looked after their guests and hotel to a very high standard. I was made to feel very welcome - as I was travelling solo, this was much appreciated.

My room was a good size, had everything I needed and was cleaned every day. The shower had good pressure and there was always hot water. The fabulous pool and bar/dining area were always clean and tidy, try one of Dorita's jacket potatoes, delicious! I cannot fault this hotel at all, highly recommend to everyone as it is in a great location at a good price for B&B.

The beach is a few minute walk round the corner. There are lots of lovely tavernas in Arillas, I recommend Graziella, Brouklis, Vavilas and Kostas on the beach. If the 2 bars are not to your liking, try the bar at the Akti Arilla, lovely chilled out place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed with my partner at the Bardis hotel in September 2013 (after the school holidays to avoid the children and busiest season). The hotel is excellent value for money, with free wi-fi, buffet breakfast, use of the pool, small fridge, air con and TV.
I can't speak highly enough of the lady who owns the hotel, she was polite, welcoming and helpful to us both.
We were slightly worried when booking as we couldn't pay online in advance of our arrival. I called to confirm and was reassured to just pay cash when we arrive. She offered to arrange airport collection for us, but as we were hiring a car I can't give a review for this service.

The room and ensuite bathroom were clean and comfortable. They were tidied and the beds made for us each day, with a change of towels etc halfway through the week.

The hotel is located just a minutes walk from the small village. Arrilas is a quiet seaside resort with restaurants and small shops lining the beach front. The restaurants range from cheap family owned to more expensive a la carte, we tried to eat somewhere different each night and I couldn't fault the food or service at any of them.
There is a selection of bars & dancing just around the corner from the beach front (at the northern end), but again I can't review as we didn't try these.
We attended the wine festival, which wasn't hard to miss with dancing and a donkey being paraded around the streets. The festival included a BBQ, all you can drink wine and live local music. I understand that the villages rotate their festivals and it's well worth goingt to one!

I'd recommend hiring a car if you want to do a bit more on your holiday. We never got round to using the swimming pool as Arillas is ideally located with lots of attracitions and towns as you follow the coast in either direction. It is also only an hour or so from the airport.

If you're looking for a nice cheap hotel as a good base to expolre the island then I couldn't recommend this enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C3077
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the Bardis Hotel in august last year and am staying again this summer. Dorita, her daughter and staff are lovely folk, nothing is too much trouble.

The room was a good size, clean and tidy. The pool is the best I have experienced on my many visits to Greece. Big, clean and quiet! My only complaint is that I did not get any photos of this fantastic place! Will make sure I do this summer - check out the hotel's website for pics tho, all very accurate.

The Bardis Hotel is located just around the corner from the beach, a great supermarket and some lovely tavernas. A 5-10 minute stroll will bring you to the main road where there are more tavernas and bars, I say bars - there are only 3 in Arillas, all have live music and a great atmosphere. I recommend the Greek Night at the Hotel Marina on a saturday (book, it gets busy!).

The Bardis is also well located for an early morning stroll up to the village of Afionas - the road gets quite steep so I advise to take water and walk when it is cool. Follow the road to the end then turn RIGHT, not left as I first did... you go down to get up, if that makes sense!

Once at the viewing point you can sit and admire the fabulous view over Arillas. I highly recommend lunch at the Panorama taverna, delicious food, great views and a much needed breeze!

Another walk is up to the Akoritiri Cafe (and over to San Stefanos if you fancy). They serve delicious food and the best coffee with ice cream ever! The views down to Arillas and San Stefanos are great too.

I am very much looking forward to my next vist at the Bardis Hotel this summer :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bikerbird772
Reviewed 8 May 2013

What can we cay..... this is a brilliant place to stay... so close to the beach/restaurants etc. we love Arillas and would stay anywhere but this was really lovely... Room was nice right on the end by the spiral staircase with a corner balcony... fridge in the room which was really useful.. Breakfast was lovely, alternating between bacon and egg and continental. The family who run it are lovely and friendly. Lovely pool.. We got a taxi from the airport and arrived late at night but the key was ready for us so we just left everything in the room and went straight down to the restaurants/bar for a cold beer. As it is on the corner it can get a bit busy with cars going by (rat run) and walkers but it didnt matter to us as it gave us something to watch and everyone is friendly in Arillas anyway. Would go back whenever we can.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple