“Great fresh fish ”

Brunos Fish Taverna
Ranked #656 of 1,309 Restaurants in Corfu
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

A friend suggested me this place, while I was on vacation in this beautiful island, Corfu! He told me that it is a " must ",for those who like fresh fish...!
Now is my duty to make you visit this Tavern, as it will be something that you will remember for a long time!
After a small conversation I had with the really gentleman waiter, I realized that the owner was buying the fishes every morning from the local fishermen just opposite from the Tavern! This was his trick for such a wonderful taste,plus the "secret" recipes he was using... Moreover, he knew exactly the perfect wine to recommend me, according to the kind-of fish I ordered. Great atmosphere, great food,great time!

Ps# You have to try steamed mussels!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

This is where the locals go for fish, of a weekend it's always busy
Food is great value for money,
A must try !

1  Thank s l
Reviewed 19 May 2016

If anything to mention the portions are huge,so be careful what you order two starters would be ample food for me to eat.Family business and very friendly with views of the Marina, walking distance from the Hotel Corfu Mare Boutique Hotel where we were staying. Went ther on the last night before catching the late flight back to Bristol after a 4 day break with some very close friends.

1  Thank Jane736
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

The waiter included few items in the bill that we did not order, thus inflating our bill by 30%.
We ordered bread, and were brought 4 pieces of fried bread. They charged us for 4 portions of bread, 1.5€ each. The waiter also brought a bottle of water which we did not touch. However, it was included in the bill as well.
I pointed to the mismatch, but the waiter refused to make any corrections.
Food quality was so-so. Crab salad was not really a salad, just marinated crab with herbs. When ordered orange juice for the kids, got Fanta instead. Greek coffee was watery, probably half the strength of a typical coffee.

2  Thank Eugene B
Natalia B, Διευθυντής at Brunos Fish Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Sorry but you probably confuse us with another fish tavern because firstly we don't have or ever had at our menu Crab salad or ever served one or charge the bread 1,5 euro..we charge the bread only 1 euro per box...and the bread it was never Fried but Grilled...So you should confuse us for sure with another tavern.
Be carefull please next time to when you write reviews.
thanks a lot

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Was told about this restaurant by two guests at the hotel. A wee gem of a place and though there did not seem many diners when we went (Scottish, not English holiday), the food was very very good. The waiter was attentive and explained all of the menu, especially the freshly caught fish dishes where some of these are priced by weight, approximately Euros 45 - 60 per Kg . You do get to see the fish weighed and a price discussed prior to you ordering, so this does help. There are views across to the mainland form the restaurant and though close to a main road the traffic does not affect the ambience, This is mainly a fish orientated place with a few traditional Greek dishes on the menu.

1  Thank tonyb274