Nostos Hotel
Alkionis Studios(Kallithea)(Great Value!)
US$71
Maya Bay Hotel(Kallithea)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Beachfront
Sante(Kallithea)
Aegean Residence(Kallithea)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolnext yearminute walkrelaxing holidayyear after yearthis wonderful hotelwe stayed half boardhotel restaurantmoussakacooked breakfastexcellent reviewsflat screen tvmainland greeceplenty of sunbedsbeautiful surroundingsweekly bbqnew friends
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Have just returned from a weeks stay at the Nostos and loved every second. Marina and Altin at the bar were superb, very helpful and kind. The room was clean, cool and comfy, if you can, ask for a room facing the pool as they dont face the sun in the afternoon. Had a little fridge in the cupboard which was a nice touch, plus a safety deposit box.

It did rain one day and there was still lots to do despite it being primarily a beach holiday, pool table, inside pool, sauna, gym etc. Kalithea is only a 5 minute walk down the road, perfect for little bits and bobs that you might need plus there is a bank (on a seperate note, Thessaloniki airport doesnt have a cash point and doesnt take card payments, so if you are flying back from there, keep some cash on you - sandwiches are around 5 euros) and lots more to do. If the steps from the hotel (not too bad, but still pretty steep, sort of a dirt track with log rolls to form a step though there are wooden poles to help) are too much, then you can easily get to the sandy beach this way. If you do go down the steps, you get to a rocky beach and its a 5 minute walk across the rocks to the sand.

Plenty of sunbeds around the pool, beautiful views, small and friendly hotel - everyone who worked there was friendly, nothing was too much for them, very reasonably priced food and drink. All the food was so delicious, tried the all you can eat barbeque on the Sunday night, was very tasty. Definitely would recommend Nostos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
3  Thank wiziy89
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Not much I can add to the other reviews. This place is a little gem. Helen, Aldin, Marina, Yurgos and all the staff are so friendly and helpful. The place is kept spotless, beds and towels changed 2 or 3 times each week. The indoor pool area is great, especially as we had 1 night and the following day of horrendous thunder and lightning and torrential rain. There's also a jacuzzi, gym, steam room and sauna (small charge applies for the sauna), all for over 18's, not that there were many children there anyway, and even then we had it to ourselves. They have a small library in reception which also has a lounge and bar, the indoor pool area has computers, tvs, and a bar too. The Thomson rep was excellent but we thought the trips were a bit pricey. We could only go for a week as the last Gatwick flight out was on the 19th Sept (why??). Thomas Cook are taking some rooms next year. Afitos was a nice small bustling village, Kallithea (much closer) seemed bigger but very quiet. We didn't eat out at all but were told the bars on the 'strip' (main road) in Kallithea were not good value to eat or drink in. The pedestrianised area behind the main road had a more traditional feel to it. The food at the Nostos was good and very reasonably priced and as a dessert eater I didn't order one once, despite there being chocolate brownies and cheesecake on the menu. A shared club sandwich and chips or a toastie was enough for lunch in between swims, the pool was very cold but the poolside shower beforehand helped a little. Quite a few people, like us, had been recommended to the Nostos and several others had been before, 1 couple were on their 5th visit. It's exactly the right place to kick back, relax and do nothing particularly if you just have a week. We didn't even do the 200 steps down to the beach, where you can walk along to Kallithea and walk up a rather steep slope rather than do the steps again but there's always next May.

Room Tip: If you want to look over the pool and see the sea through the trees request 104-107, ground floor with patio, or 204-207 or 304-307 and Tassoula's Moussaka is a must-have.
3  Thank elaineKingsLynn
Reviewed 16 September 2011

we staid there for a week and the everything was excellent above from everything we expected.mr antonis is the ideal hotel manager and he was there for everything we need.and always with a smile.the room was quiet very clean and the facilities were superb.don t go anywhere else to eat cause the food is excellent and in a very good prise.we will definently go back again at nostos!!!

2  Thank sotiris1979
Reviewed 15 September 2011

where do I start my first visit to Greece I step off the plane wearing my english summer outfit thick jumper long trousers etc and was met by the Thomson rep who then place my on a coach,who was driving on the wrong side of the road, Got to the hotel and finally someone spoke english a nice lady in reception (Helen)

When I was shown to my room there was a telly but not worth watching as all the channels was in a different language so I went down to the bar

Spoke to bar man who said beer is good but water is better I had to disagree I ordered a beer and a red wine that came out of the cliller ( strange)

My first day at breakfast well I fill my day bag up with bread jams yogurts etc but I didnt see any english breakfast I did ask for my fry up

after tried the beach well after climing down mount everest to find cystal clear water not use to that Brighton better as its grey.

after a day on the beach we made it down to dinner after trying to wash away our bathroom
to find there was no egg and chips on the menu and everyone of the staff was foreigh that work there

I repeated this for a boring lazy week of doing absolutely nothing (I dont know why I wanted a holiday)

To end the holiday going back to the airport on the wrong side of the road

If you are reading this then you know I am the brit abroad who should have stayed in England for the summer

But as you well know this is the best hotel in Greece and yet again what a perfect holiday good food good company hope to see you guys soon say hello to Makis,Helen & kids Marina, Altin George and all the staff and family

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Aud m
Reviewed 14 September 2011

our first trip to Nostos, rooms were excellent .clean lovely soft beds, ample sun beds lovely staff, Marina is a superb. Food was generally good although perhaps fresh fruit at breakfast would be nice. Barbecue night wasnt great, but was only 10 euros, Kalithea was poor but Afitos was great.All considered you will struggle to find a better hotel at this price

2  Thank KCCantona