“Simply the Best !!!!”
Review of Nostos Hotel

Nostos Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Kallithea
Reviewed 16 August 2008

After discovering tripadvisor for another holiday.. I thought I should share with the whole world my experiences of Nostos – and I find it soooo hard to believe that anyone can find any negatives about this fantastic place. My first ever visit here was when my sister booked the whole family, yes all 14 of us, via Thomsons, to stay at Nostos as she had arranged her own wedding here. Every single one of us had an absolutely fantastic time at this hotel but for me ... it was love at first site. That was 3 years ago.. This year, my 4th visit (and certainly will not be my last) was an extended one, staying for just under 3 weeks (that’s how good it is!!) and was absolutely perfect.. as have all the other 3 times !! In fact I’ve been in a grump since arriving back home and was counting down the 9 whole days until I could book my flights to return next year. Every single member of staff here makes you feel so welcome – and you begin to feel like part of the family. It’s becoming a joy to return roughly the same time of year every year and meet up with the other ‘regulars’ and get together around the pool during the day or the bar area at night – it really is like being at home with a twist – but a special twist. Situated just on the edge of Kallithea, which is quite lively, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, but to be honest and as this year... on leaving the hotel once to purchase some new flip flops decided that why eat out when you have the fantastic home cooking at Nostos – I can particularly recommend the swordfish !! Turning right out of Nostos, if you feel the need to leave the premises at all... after a 25minute stroll you will find Afitos – a delightful village and is well worth a visit at least once if you must leave the beautiful surroundings of Nostos. There is a weekly bbq which even as a vegetarian is fantastic, a weekly Fish Meze night, both of which very good value for money, as I think is everything at Nostos.. So what makes the Nostos so special to me ??.. well where do you start, the friendly staff, the spotless surroundings, the fantastic views from the terraces – particularly beautiful in the mornings as you eat your breakfast and the overall feeling of being chilled the second you step out of the cab and being greeted by one of the family as if you are a relative. I have experienced all areas of the globe but to be completely honest this yearly retreat for me is the best and I will continue to return here year on year as long as I possibly can. I can’t thank Helen, Makis, Andonis and Tassoula enough for making me feel so welcome and already I’m looking forward to next years visit to discuss the gardens with Andonis, do girly talk with Helen and try to weadle out the secrets of Tassoula’s fantastic cooking and of course see the rest of the team, including Helen and Makis’ children who I have seen grow year on year. So if you don’t believe what you read.. believe this – it is a beautiful, idyllic place to stay combined with high quality, cleanliness and a very friendly atmosphere.. and is perfect for travellers of all ages.. you must experience it for yourself... believe me, once and your hooked !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Sungoddess24-7
There are newer reviews for Nostos Hotel

Reviewed 11 August 2008

We,my wife myself and my daughter (17),had stayed here last year for a week and had a nice relaxing holiday so this year we decided to go for two weeks,it wasn't quite the same experiance.We had a sea view which is in fact a tree view but we were aware that this was the case,but the "sea view" rooms have only two beds and the camp bed they had put into the room to accomodate the third person (we payed adult price for our daughter)was sub standard to say the least,we complained about the bed straight away and was told that they could do nothing about it the first week but could move us to another room for the second which they duly did,but our first week was blighted somewhat by the experiance of taking turns to sleep in the camp bed.There were many more children there this time whose only source of amusement was the pool which led to many quite noisy and disruptive ball games going on,balls being thrown quite violently within the pool area but inevitably sometimes hitting bathers trying to relax.there were not enough sunbeds to go around even after the emergency beds they had brought out.The hotel is run by very nice people however and i think this does mean a lot but they could be stricter with their rules on laying towels down on sunbeds and ball games in the pool.All in all it wasn't a bad experiance but not as we had remembered it .

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank lionhearty
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We wanted a small quite hotel with not many children as this was our honeymoon. We couldn't ask for more. Set in a brillant location with a busy town to your left 5 mins away and a lovely little town with loads of little back streets to explore about 20 mins to your right away. The hotel was very clean and every one was so friendly. Most people didn't venture past the pool but wes decided to do the 240 steps down to the beach from the terrace every day and it was well worth it. It was very peaceful and a beautifull view of the gulf to look at. We would definately go back. It definately lived up to what we was looking for.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenmart72
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We have just returned from a wonderful relaxing fortnight at the Nostos and sitting here in the cold gloom of a Scottish June, we are planning our return next year.
Spotless, with first class grounds, an immaculate pool area, and direct access, albeit down some steps to the beach, the hotel cannot be faulted.
This is a family run hotel with the level of care and consideration to guests clearly evident in every encounter with a member of staff. Nothing is a problem.
This hotel delivers much more than it promises.
Apart from the wonderful beach and crystal waters which you must swim, and ideally snorkel in, there are two quite distinct towns nearby.
Kalithea, a five minute walk when you turn left out of the hotel has a fine selection of restaurants, bars, superb bakers shop and a number of shops of the sort you expect to find in a seaside resort anywhere in the west.
Afitos, a twenty minute stroll in the opposite direction is a more traditional Greek village, with a number of rather good restaurants overlooking the bay, and if you turn left at the memorial, an excellent litle bar with superb terraces.
The Nostos is an ideal hotel for those looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday.
We felt that someone had stopped the world and allowed us to get off.

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank Bewildered
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Really loved the Nostos. We were very keen to stay somewhere quiet and friendly, and this is exactly what we found. The rooms are good, the pool is lovely, the restaurant is very reasonable (and food fairly good), but I have to say my favourite aspect of the hotel was the stunning view of the sea when sitting outside the restaurant. Also loved all the swallows' nests around the hotel and seeing the chicks being fed (although they won't have chicks there all year-round of course!).
Ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant most days. Breakfast is basic, but perfectly adequate. Range of lunch options is very good. Ate evening meals in the hotel restaurant a couple of times. Very reasonable, but food a little disappointing (some dishes were excessively salty). It's very convenient and friendly though, so that made up for the food! The hotel does a BBQ night on Sundays and you pay a set fee (10 Euros) for all you can eat - can definitely recommend that.
Kalithea is quite nice, but we found the restaurants a bit disappointing. June is classed as 'off-season', so they were all fairly quiet and some only offering a limited menu. We love Greek food and were really looking forward to Kleftiko, Moussaka, stuffed peppers etc., but few places offered Kleftiko and stuffed peppers and the Moussaka often tasted very processed and not very fresh.
Contrary to other reviews, we actually liked the steep walk down to the beach from the hotel - good for getting the heart rate up! However I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who's not that stable on their feet.
All in all, a wonderful holiday and a fantastic hotel. Comes highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CD1Newcastle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
0.8 km away
2.7 km away
Athos Palace Hotel
Athos Palace Hotel
#6 of 11 in Kallithea

Been to Nostos Hotel? Share your experiences!