All reviews rose garden cleaned every day water taxi skiathos town five minute walk the main road the bus air con handy location next year greek rooms friendly family run place rooms are basic pool side towels and bedding pool area is lovely the ground floor
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Yialis Appts and we had a fantastic time. The rooms are basic but are cleaned every day with a bedding change every other day. This was our second time to Yialis Appts and we found Nikos and Koula (the owners) absolutley without fail the most welcoming hosts. Nikos has a very funny sense of humour and he will try to make you laugh at every opportunity. It is a 3/5 minute walk to the beach and water taxi which takes you to Skiathos town. There are a couple of supermarkets nearby which sell everything you need and have lovely bakeries onsite. We're already looking to book next year.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

We have stayed at Yialis six times,the location is perfect for exploring as it's in the middle of the island.Its a five minute walk from the beach from there you can be in town in fifteen minutes on the water taxi which is very convenient as it arrives every fifteen minutes or so. The locals are lovely and very welcoming, I cannot think of a bad experience whilst staying there. Yialis itself has a quality pool area and garden as you walk into the grounds, and this standard is withheld throughout the apartments. From the bar, run by one of the most polite and friendly families I have ever met, to the rooms, kept in perfect condition and cleaned every day,clean sheets and towels every other day.Nikos his wife Koala and Angelos their son do everything they can to look after you,nothing is to much trouble.In my opinion it's a great place to relax with your family.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2015

Downsides first, the accommodation is poor quality, there is no chance you can 'self cater' here. No utensils, only 2 rings where the cord didn't reach the plug! Pillows need changing, may as well slept on a rock! Bathroom old and worn. However our room was very big for a studio with a nice balcony. Upside, the pool area is lovely and very clean, bar is not a rip off (but more expensive than local bars) and the food was ok. The people were lovely and friendly and the owner sought us out on the last day to make sure he said thank you and goodbye, we really appreciated that. The location is the best point of these apartments, it's perfect. Right near the beach, a few shops and some lovely tavernas. On top of this the water taxi was a five minute stroll down the beach and was so lovely to get to the main town via a really nice boat ride. Overall I would go here again but take my own pillow!

Room Tip: room 4 was very big for a studio
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Traveling as a single passenger, having paid an extortionate single room supplement, my heart sank when I saw I was in room 13! I was not mistaken. It was quite honestly the grottiest room I have ever seen in Greece, and I've been going for over 25 years. There was hardly room to swing a cat and the self catering facilities were horrible as was the bathroom. After a debate with the rep I was moved the following day. I was appalled to be told she'd never seen the room. When I was moved to room 15 I was much happier. It overlooked the pool and the family owners were lovely as was the pool, the bar and the food they provided. It is near to a main road, the beach is overcrowded but the water taxi to Skiathos Town provides an excellent service. Really though the rooms need a good makeover. They were however cleaned regularly and the pool was kept in excellent condition.

Room Tip: If you get allocated room 13 refuse it
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Patterdalepoppet
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Basic near to busy noisy road but didn't bother us. Rooms cleaned every day. Owners and staff very friendly Olympic
rep fantastic. Would go again as so close to all amenities beach and water taxi. 3*s

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends