“Amazing gluten free Italian food/pizza ”
Review of Il Grappolo Blu

Il Grappolo Blu
Ranked #329 of 2,824 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$17 - US$114
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: BENVENUTI AL RISTORANTE IL GRAPPOLO BLU Il Grappolo Blu is a cosy authentic Italian restaurant located in the centre of Copenhagen . The restaurant opened in 1999 and has since 2003 been listed in the Michelin Guide. Chef and owner Alfredo Franco will expand your idea of what the Italian cuisine has to offer . He has uncompromisingly searched into the heart of La Cucina Italiana : Quality , Raw Materials, Simplicity and Taste . "My goal is to serve authentic Italian food and great wines for our guests and to give them the feeling of dining in italy. I would like to give the a piece of my Italy, while visiting us " - Alfredo Franco Owner and chef
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant as a great place to get gluten free Italian food/pizza. Me being from Brooklyn I was skeptical to say the least.

I ordered one of their homemade gluten free pies with homemade sausage. It looked amazing and it was hands down the best gluten free pizza I've ever had anywhere. I even checked with the owner to confirm that it was gluten free because it tasted so good and I was concerned it wasn't.

Fay, the owner, explained her daughter had gluten issues so her and her husband, the head chef, experimented with many different formulas of gluten free flours to come up with the best blend for taste and texture. They even have a separate oven and kitchen for gluten free prep which is the proper way to cook GF food.

She then let me taste a GF bread they were working on and that too was amazing. If you have Celiac this place is worth the trip

My son and wife also had non-GF dishes that were amazing too. Definitely a place I won't forget and a must see if in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I have felt strongly enough to tell a host the food was awful at the end of a meal.
Seriously awful food. Salty, terribly cooked and not in the slightest pleasant to eat.
We eat out a lot (UK and abroad) and, honestly, I cannot remember poorer cooking. Shame; when you spend so much on good wine, you expect the food to be at least a little bit worthy of the wine.
Pinci with carne (of some sort) I described to my partner as similar to "going to a freind's when you are a kid and having spaghetti bolognese (in the very loosest sense). But, their parent can't cook..." Hard meat, massively over-seasoned, terribly made, hard pasta, more than unpleasant taste...
The beef cheek main was, frankly, much worse. Inedible.
One star is a compliment.
I am not being harsh.

1  Thank DanLovedale
Giuseppe A, Chef  at Il Grappolo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Dan
Please remove your review, since you clearly made a mistake on the restaurant.
We don't serve beef cheek or pinci (is that pasta?) with meat.
This is a family owned restaurant, which means that we are always present, and none of us have ever heard about any guests making a complain that our food is awful.
Please remove your review, it's either fake or you made a mistake, since we do not serve any of the things you mentioned!!!!

Best Regards
Alfredo Franco - Headchef and owner
Giuseppe Aliberti - Restaurant Manager and Sommelier

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Had a large testing menu.
Started with anti pasti, vitello tonnato was good, italian sausages and melon and ham. Pizza margarita as intermetso - crisp thin and really tasty tomato sauce prepared by the World champ pizza maker - delicious!
Steak was juicy, cooked medium rare and tasty accompanied with olive oil and oven baked potatoes, green beens with salty almonds.
Tomato and mozzarella salat, the cheese was significant! Der best thing to finish a great italian diner is with the house tiramisu! Best ever!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Ate here whilst on business with colleagues. Brilliant standard of food with an extensive offering of pizzas and pasta. The calzone I ordered was one of the best I've eaten. The service was good, the waiter was pleasant and friendly. Decent value for money as well. considering you're in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

A lovely welcome and delicious sounding menu...but

We were offered glasses of sparkling wine as a welcome drink. These ended up on our bill as £35!!

The calamari at £24 were overlooked and dry. The chips at £7 were pale and defrosted.

On the good side, a delicious steak and excellent service.

Not a place to go in a city full of amazing, good value and honest restaurants.

3  Thank TasteTestersUK