“The final decision was Faergekro - fortunately”
Review of Nyhavns Faergekro

Nyhavns Faergekro
Ranked #169 of 2,603 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: French, Danish, Scandinavian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Restaurant Nyhavns Faergekro has maintained the charming and maritime Nyhavn atmosphere. Every day the restaurant offers freshly made 'smorrebrod' the famous Danish open faced sandwiches, as well as a herring buffet with more than 10 homemade, herring specialties. Guests can also chose between 20 different homemade aquavits, brewed with handpicked berries and herbs like St John's Wort, yarrow and woodruff. The evening menu consists of simple and traditional dishes made from the best produce in season as well as a selection of desserts.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were looking for lunch and found it. Took a while, and the other eateries didn't impress. The smorrebrod with roast beef was great, really enjoyed it. The staff were busy (sunny day) but attentive. Great for resting and observing the people.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Located right next to the Nyhavn boat tour stop: being the typical tourist, my mum and I decided to have lunch here after finishing our canal tour of Nyhavn. Thanks to the location, the view from the tables outside is terrific!!
We came around 11.00 and they weren't serving lunch yet (which starts at 11.30, I was told) so we decided to wait with a sip espresso, which was satisfactory.
Then for lunch we ordered their lunch plate with filet of herring (instead of the bread option).
The complimentary bread was excellent; like the scandinavian seed&rye bread you would expect at fancy restaurants.
Every part of the lunch plate we loved as well! Especially their specialty, the herring filet, was so flavorful and soft. My god it was delicious. Salmon and roast beef were really good too. Shrimp and chicken salad- not as much, but still good. The others were just too good. Very filling and very tasty; the type of food I with which I would gladly stuff myself, while screaming at my stomach to take it like a man.
The only thing I disagree with the plate is the excessive amount of sauce. They smother everything in sauce. If you, like me, would rather taste the actual food than the condiments, just scrape of the piles of sauces aside with your fork and enjoy what is hiding beneath. (Still my mum, who has a less picky appetite and enjoys flavorful sauces, lived all of them and cleaned the plate white with the bread :))
Now the reason for my one-less-than-five score, is that we had to ask for the bill not once, not twice, but three times.
(Let a girl pay her bills please! :p)
The first attempt to pay, I don't even think the employee even registeted what we said in his head. The second attempt, he came over and made eye contact and even repeated after our request for the bill. By the time we were definitely convinced that he completely forgot about our request, we had no choice but to abruptly ask another employee. She did remember, thankfully.
I would not blame the emoloyees; they seemed too busy, and the last person was apologetic about our wait. The restaurant maybe needs to reconsider their table:employee ratio during peak seasons/times, especially considering their extremely popular and touristy location.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Since Nyhavn is a nice place to sit and watch all kind of people go by, we decided to go for dinner at this place. The waitresses are a bit slow, but very friendly! The main dishes are fair in quality and price (the salmon was delicious, the plaice was ok). The starters and dessert are however way overpriced.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Small portions of food. Few vegetarian potions. Good view of New port. More suited for taking a beer in the sun, and not eating primary eating lunch.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We visited this restaurant a few times during our short stay in Copenhagen. My wife really enjoyed the Sea Food Buffet, just fell in love with it. It is located in the tourist area and one had to go down the stairs for seating and up the Spiral Stair Case to the the washrooms.
The service was good, atmosphere charming and as anywhere else in Copenhagen wines are relatively expensive.