“Very good food”

Price range: US$59 - US$2,000
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Christianshavn
Description: To sushi lovers! Welcome to the sushi steak for the spoiled sushi lovers! Sushi Pearl Sushi Saiko at Christianshavn offers some of the most delicious authentic sushi one can get in town. If you love sushi and would like to be spoiled for the freshness and taste experience, Sushi Saiko is definitely worth a visit. At Sushi Saiko, we do not compromise on quality so you are guaranteed the best sushi-flavor experience in the city. The list of Japanese main courses, side dishes and starters in addition to sushi is long, featuring classic Misosuppe, delicious Rispapir rolls / Springrolls, Tempura, Salads, Udon noodle dishes, Yakiniku beef, Gyoza chicken or Grilled Sticks in many varieties. If you have special wishes for your sushi, we can almost always accommodate it. Do not be hesitant with requests. It's you and our sushi to be united.  We kindly ask you to inform us about any food allergies. We are looking forward to welcoming you .
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Although this is not the most cosy place for a dinner, it is mainly used as a take away, the food and service is excellent. We had several plates of sushi and also some warm dishes, all very nice presented and very fresh and good. I would recommend this place.

1  Thank roel_griet
There are newer reviews for Sushi Saiko

Reviewed 4 January 2017

The allergy information on the menu is not accurate and lead to me being glutened.

I ordered a vegetarian soup from the menu that was supposed to be gluten free. When it arrived the four dumplings sitting on top worried me, so I asked the waiter if they were gluten free telling him dumplings usally weren't. He assured me that they were GF. After I ate one the owner/cook came out from the kitchen and said that they were not.

I ordered another soup without the dumplings and my friend ate the one that was going to be thrown out. When paying the bill the waiter seemed to have forgotten what had happened and charged us for everything. On bringing up the issuing of my glutening they reluctantly deducted the price of a tea. There was no apology, just silence.

I was ill for a week and was off work for four days just before Christmas.

Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Always excellent, come here a few times a week and still trying different things, so much great food to try. The ingredients and combinations are superb.

3  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

My first visit to Copenhagen and I got off on the wrong stop and by chance found Sushi Saiko. What a great place. Very kind and friendly staff. The sushi was very fresh and delicious. They have Ashi Black beer too, very tasty.

1  Thank Joe V
Reviewed 12 October 2015

We were walking around Copenhagen, tired and hungry when we came upon this restaurant. Went went on tripadvisor for reviews but there wasn't any recent ones. Anyway, when we walked in we were not sure if it was open or not although there was a sign by the door saying open, the place looked empty. There was a group of 4-5 girls but they were sat at the back and were the only customers. Once we figured out who the waiters are, we were guided into a table and handed a menu. I was personally interested with the rice bowls advertised outside the restaurant but it was not on the menu given to us. I could have asked for it I supposed but just decided to change my order. At this point there was only 1 waiter who seemed to be manning the bar as well as the kitchen. From taking our order to receiving our first dish we waited an approximate of 30mins. which is not bad really, especially for a sushi restaurant. The sushi was made a bit haphazardly with some pieces unrolling and falling to pieces. The size is also on the small side although still decent. It tasted fairly fresh enough and the rice was nicely cooked.
The chicken and rice dish I ordered on the other hand was a different story. Although it tadted decent, I am positive I heard a microwave going off in the kitchen while my dish was prepared. The chicken bits was also of a different temperature to the vegetables which seemed to be freshly stir-fried. Again, I stress the fact that it tasted ok, not amazing but decent enough.
For 2 people with decent amount of sushi to eat, a glass of beer each we paid roughly £40 not bad considering it was very expensive around the area.

3  Thank Chie J