“Terrible Experience”
Review of Cafe Sommersko - CLOSED

Cafe Sommersko
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Absolutely terrible experience, which I had the honour of paying over 350 kr for. I wish I'd read the reviews on TA. before eating here.
Although we thought 135 kr each was quite expensive for a lunch dish, we decided that we would probably receive a generous and attractive lunch for this price.
Nope........We were served a small bowl of mediocre tasting, luke warm soup and a sad little ham and cheese (?) toasted sandwich resembling a greasy 'parisertoast ' ..... with 5 sad, limp salad leaves chucked on the side. in a supposed attempt at an 'exotic' garnish!
.....all served by a nonchalant, depressed looking waitress who didn't seem able to even muster a friendly 'waitress' smile. Her attitude really sucked. She plonked the bread basket down on top of a side plate, so that the bread almost fell to the floor. The table was far too small and unstable to be comfortable to sit at and when I attempted to pay, she was no where to be seen, even though the place was empty of customers.
This is the first restaurant review I have written on TA, but after this experience, felt really annoyed and decided to warn others not to be fooled by the so called charming, nostalgic facade of being "Copenhagens oldest cafe".....!
I'm feeling totally ripped off and saddened by the standard here!!!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Had a almost cold espresso that tasted like a americano. I didn't dare to order anything else in a cafe that doesn't even can get the basics right.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Very good breakfast buffet that includes great pastry (no croissants!), Not-that-great bacon and scambled, fruit, prociutto, and cheeses. Buffet does not included any beverages so i ended up paying almost fifty euros with coffee and a drink. That's too much for a breakfast/brunch with no coffee nor champagne!
The atmosphere is ok, but the locale faded, it has seen better days the makeshift renovations are kitchy and look out of place.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I whish I had read the reviews before an unplanned lunchtime visit. The restaurant was comfortable and the service ok but the food was ok but really nothing special - average at best and definitely not worth the money they were charging. I am unlikely to return.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

On arrival in a group we wanted to sit by the window the table was free but a arrogant gnom of a waiter pushed us upstairs in a cold and complete empty space.
I said no way and after that he hated us and did everything to spoil our visit, the moules where cold and without any taste and everything was difficult, the waiter was rude and very aggressive towards us. I ended up having a discussion with him and everything was really disappointing. Ten years ago it was a nice place in Copenhagen, but I was told that a group of rich Muslims are owners now, and they don't care about quality since the location is very good, but it has become one of biggest tourist traps in Copenhagen