“Bad service ”
Review of Cafe Sommersko - CLOSED

Cafe Sommersko
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for some drinks in the morning. Waited about 20 minutes for the servant to bring our orders.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I don't think it is a great restaurant.But is fine, fair enough. Good service and good food. Can make the job.

2  Thank Roberto B
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Not even sure where to start. I wish I had read tripadvisor before coming in! If I could give it 0 stars I would!

Wandered in for brunch, looked lovely outside and inside even nicer! Nicely decorated, grand piano, big disco ball and chandelier type lights - lovely! A waiter arrived quickly and showed us to a table - despite there being plenty of free tables we were made to sit by the door and basically in the way of the walkway. I can't count the amount of times I got barged whilst sitting there.

The waitress looked so unprofessional in her Nike tracksuit bottoms and trainers. The waiter looked miserable as sin.

We ordered drinks, 20 minutes later I enquired with the waiter if they were on the way. (I didn't expect coffee and Pepsi to take so long). He was very rude back and shouted YES at me and then walked off. Drinks arrived a few minutes later which were fine (although you can't really go wrong with black coffees and bottles of Pepsi).

There were 4 of us eating, 2 ordered the buffet brunch which didn't look or taste too bad. 2 of us ordered toasted sandwiches. One croque Monsieur and one croque Madame. It was basically a bit of anaemic looking toast with lukewarm cheese and an uncooked fried egg on top. I had also ordered a side of crushed potatoes which looked and tastes like lumpy reheated smash from the night before. Absolutely vile. All of my food was either lukewarm or cold.

I didn't complain as the waiter was already rude and I was worried he might spit in my food before bringing it back.

My friend had a side of chips that were so hard they seemed to have been reheated 4 times over before being served - but atleast they were hot!

The plates were not cleared the entire time we sat there. And we were there for a while after eating.

You then had to queue up like cattle to pay the bill. They were so incompetent they weren't even sure what to charge for. They were asking every customer before us to explain what they had eaten before charging.

The pleasure of this whole experience cost over 1000 DKK. Absolute rip off. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Absolutely terrible experience, which I had the honour of paying over 350 kr for. I wish I'd read the reviews on TA. before eating here.
Although we thought 135 kr each was quite expensive for a lunch dish, we decided that we would probably receive a generous and attractive lunch for this price.
Nope........We were served a small bowl of mediocre tasting, luke warm soup and a sad little ham and cheese (?) toasted sandwich resembling a greasy 'parisertoast ' ..... with 5 sad, limp salad leaves chucked on the side. in a supposed attempt at an 'exotic' garnish!
.....all served by a nonchalant, depressed looking waitress who didn't seem able to even muster a friendly 'waitress' smile. Her attitude really sucked. She plonked the bread basket down on top of a side plate, so that the bread almost fell to the floor. The table was far too small and unstable to be comfortable to sit at and when I attempted to pay, she was no where to be seen, even though the place was empty of customers.
This is the first restaurant review I have written on TA, but after this experience, felt really annoyed and decided to warn others not to be fooled by the so called charming, nostalgic facade of being "Copenhagens oldest cafe".....!
I'm feeling totally ripped off and saddened by the standard here!!!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Had a almost cold espresso that tasted like a americano. I didn't dare to order anything else in a cafe that doesn't even can get the basics right.