“Lovely”

Madame Moustache
Ranked #46 of 311 Restaurants in Helsingborg
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Really nice place, lovely food and not badly priced, I really enjoyed it. Calves liver was fab, service was good. Great place for lunch.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The first time we visited the place was probably 3 years ago. I kind of liked it in its own quirky way. My wife did not really like it. We decided to revisit last weekend. Sunday brunch on both occasions.

Clearly the plus for me is the building - don’t know much about its history, but feels quite special. Really lovely inside and out. There is a lot of dark wood, which is not really my preference, but it worked nicely there. Generally, there is a good feeling of coziness about the place with candles and all. The service and servers were quite good, I should note.

3/5 is maybe slightly low, and 3.5 would be more fair, but 4 would have been too much. It is simply too simple on the buffet side. I am generally low maintenance with food and can eat anything from a bread and cheese sandwich to a 7-course meal. Whatever is coming. However, I am picky and rather objective when it comes to passing a judgment. While I quite enjoyed the food, it was pretty basic. There was little to wow about. Standard cold dishes of sill, salmon, meats. And even more standard hot dishes of meatballs, some sort of potatoes, ribs, etc. In fact, I did not pay much attention to the hot food, as the view of fried meat (only) was not too inspiring. Little dessert variety and little fruit to choose from.

So, it is not really bad. It works. Just do not expect something interesting.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

After 4 years in Helsingborg I discovered Madame Moustache. Great ambiance: different from what I am used from Helsingborg. Great food; we where with quite a big group, but the food was perfect. Service is very pleasant. Absolute a restaurant you need to visit, being in Helsingborg!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

A very cosy, family-like atmosphere, very good food. They have a set menu, which is real value for money with high quality and great taste. The staff makes you feel at home.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We just went here to have a drink since we had seen recommendations for this funny and odd place. Drinks were great and it is a relaxed atmosphere which makes you feel really welcome. We will have dinner here next time. Funny with all different rooms.