“Great food and excellent service”
Review of Soap Bar

Soap Bar
Ranked #2,441 of 3,391 Restaurants in Stockholm
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Östermalm
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had our best meals at this restaurant in Stockholm. The halloumi burger I ordered was super tasty and the fries - both taste and texture were perfect! My friend enjoyed her Swedish meatballs too.

Our waiter was great and he spoke very good English. The restaurant itself looked very nice, the food was so good, customer service brilliant and the best thing - it wasn't even too expensive!

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and I will definitely go back next time I visit Stockholm.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We went to the soap bar between colleagues, arrived at 8pm, after a while and with no particular reason the security asked the group to leave, the said it was the managers decison.

We asked to speak with this person, but he was to busy or didn’t want to speak with us.

I could understand the decision if we had been disturbing shouting or whatever but it wasn’t the case, the other clients were also surprised.

Off course this decision was taken after we spent a lot of money...

This not a professional behaviour, a shame.
A part from that the bar tenders and the music were nice.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We were in Stockholm last week on Wednesday: November,1 2017 @ 10:00PM to celebrate a major business deal we landed with some associates from America. I am Swedish, and all of my business associates were all American. They are all super successful individuals who just wanted to celebrate, and simply have a good time. Upon our arrival...the security personnel gave my colleagues a very strange look. It felt as if they were trying to find something wrong with them in order to not let them in the place! My colleagues immediately turned to me privately, and suggested that we should go elsewhere.

However, the security guys recognized me, and never gave me a problem whenever I turned up with my swedish friends in the past. So, I assumed it was fine. We were all dressed in really professional looking suits, and we arrived in a luxury company car. I then overheard the shorter Security guy from Securitas say in swedish,"Here we go again...why do these kind of people want to come here?" I was appalled! I asked him in English if everything was okay, and he said that everything was perfectly fine. I think he forgot that I was Swedish for a moment. But, he had no idea that I was simultaneously listening to his conversation while speaking with my colleagues.

He said we needed to be on a guest list, but then some other random European guys that he didn't know at all...arrived, and they too were not on the guest list. He gave them no hassle at all.They were all allowed in regardless that he didn't even know them. Why are security guards allowed to manage a guest list at any exclusive place in general?

He eventually allowed us in after about a half hour, but it was clear that he didn't really like any of my friends. I took it a step further out of curiosity. I decided to sporadically investigate outside in the smoking section just to see if any other American folks turned up. And just as I expected...every single well dressed American person that turned up was systematically denied access to the bar. How can this type of conduct be tolerated in our country? There weren't any other American people inside the place, neither.

Stay away from this place!

1  Thank Brad A
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The place used to be cool with friendly personnel and nice customers. While the place remains cool and the customers are amazing, there seems to be something awkward with the personnel. They feel that they are the owners of the top place in the world. This is DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE!
Guys:
- make sure you teach your bartenders some manners so that they do not STEAL peoples drinks before asking them if they are finished!!!
- be polite to all incoming customers! RELAX you are simply soap bar NOT the pouchiest bar in the world!!
- teach your vact personnel to be able to recognize the difference between a bully and a drunk person! I understand the difficulty of their job and sympathize with them but PLEASE...you are SIMPLY a tiny bar in Stockholm...

The place is a COMPLETE disappointment...Even a single star in the evaluation is an insult to any other place being ranked as poor.

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I really love this place, it's open every night for a great party and they even have restaurant business during early hours with a simple but good menu. I definitely recommend and I will be back asap!!