All reviewsgamla stanold towngreat locationroof terracecobblestone streetst banacharming hotelsmall hotelfourth floorroyal palacemodern bathroomthere is no air conditioningby european standardsstayed here for three nightshot and cold foodfresh fruitwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days during holidays. Staff was friendly breakfast was good the Room was clean and Fresh. Close to everything in Stockholm city. On My wifes birthday they brought a present of shampoo and other hygenic products:-)

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank GinoPuglia8319
ScandicHotels, Kundansvarig at Scandic Gamla Stan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi GinoPuglia8319,

Thank you for such a lovely review.
I hope you had a visit here in Stockholm and that you and your wife had a great time celebrating her birthday.

We are looking forward to have you as our guests once again, welcome back.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The general appearance of the room was shappy. the fabrics of the chairs were broken, the carpet was lame! Shower water came on the toilet floor! The price of the room was too high!
But hotels lokal was good and service was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
ScandicHotels, Kundansvarig at Scandic Gamla Stan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Hi 912markkuk,

Thank you for taking your time and write us a review.
I'm sorry to hear that the room didn't live up to your expectations.
We are in a process where we are changing the fabrics on all of our chairs in the rooms, I'm sorry you got the room that we haven't fixed yet.
I hope you still had a pleasant stay and I'm happy to hear that you where happy with the service and location of our hotel.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

I have been staying at this hotel for years, before the great Scandic take over and sadly it is declining. I asked to print of my return boarding pass, this is not possible in the usual way. I was escorted to a guest PC, with no printer and the PC not able to connect to the main desk printer. So it was impossible to print these out. I cannot think of another hotel where this service is not possible. The room which holds the guest PC is smaller than a broom cupboard. The toilet in the front lounge cannot be opened unless reception give you the key code - I am not making this up! The bathroom smelled of drains, despite being the top floor.
All in all it’s very sad that a lovely quaint small hotel has been taken over by a corporate giant and has now lost all that made it very special. Very disappointing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank judiko

Hi judiko,

Thank you for taking your time and write us a review.
I'm sorry to hear that you where so disappointed with your stay.
We are at the time having trouble with the printer connected to our guest computer but our reception staff are more than gladly to help you print your boarding card if you just email it to our reception mail. We've done it before and I can't see why we couldn't help you with that at the time.
The toilet in the lobby just got a lock with a code since we've been facing some issues with unauthorized people occupying the toilet. We are more then happy to give the code to all of our guests if they just ask for it in the reception.
I'm sorry to hear that you dislike Scandic so much since we are constantly working on how to make the hotel experience as good as possible for all of the people around us both working in the business and guests.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Small but nice, beautiful place, clean and nice rooms, good breakfast and professional staff. Situation great, fine foodrestaurants close, short walk to Gamla Stan Tunnelbana and taxiservice in Stockholm seems to work fine.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

ScandicHotels, Kundansvarig på Scandic Gamla Stan svarade på det här omdömet

Hi 362jyrkik,

Thank you for such a friendly review.
I'm glad to hear that you liked both the location, service and breakfast during your stay. I hope you had a great time here in Stockholm and that we will have you as our guest soon again.

Welcome back!