All reviews gamla stan old town great location roof terrace cobblestone streets t bana charming hotel small hotel fourth floor royal palace modern bathroom there is no air conditioning by european standards stayed here for three nights hot and cold food fresh fruit would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

It’s not often I write a review that is less than stellar. This hotel had pros and cons. We stayed for four nights and with a fly/hotel package we were given the budget room, which was so tiny we couldn’t put down two suitcases. We paid to upgrade and it was slightly bigger. The pros are great breakfast, location and staff the cons are no lotion or conditioner, scratchy towels and toilet paper and no washcloths. The elevator could hold two people max and not if they had a sizable suitcase. Because the building is old, we could hear everyone above, below and walking down the hall.
I would probably choose a different hotel if I had known. But I did like the ability to easily walk to dozens of restaurants and felt very safe.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thordargreybeard
ScandicHotels, Kundansvarig at Scandic Gamla Stan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi thordargreybeard,

Thank you for taking your time and write us a review about your stay.
How lovely to hear that you liked the location, our staff and the breakfast buffet.
I'm sorry to hear that the room didn't live up to your expectations, all of our rooms varies in size so some are unfortunately smaller than others. Conditioner and lotions does includes in our largets rooms and we have chosen not to have washcloths in our rooms, but we can gladly provide you with an extra towel if you would let us know at the time of your arrival.
I hope this wasn't too much of a disapointment for you and that you will give us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The best things about the hotel are it's location in the Old Town 2 minutes from underground station (though beware of the cobblestone streets with your luggage wheels) and breakfast - quite a variety of cheeses, fruits, meats, the usual cereal, sausages, scrambled eggs and bread. A good surprise for me was an availability of oat milk and jogurt. Also I've noticed a section with gluten-free products.
Interiors of the hotel common rooms and guest rooms are interesting, traditional and not that usual white walls/basic stuff. Crystal chandliers and graphic wallpaper.
An added bonus was a TV with channels mostly in English with Swedish subtitles.
Staff is nice and ready to help as well.

Room Tip: Not the top floor right in front of the roof top garden - your window will be opening to it.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CarmenVj

Hi CarmenVj,

Thank you for your wonderful review.
This is exactly how we want our guest to feel like when they stay with us.
I hope you will choose to visit us once again in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed only 1 night moving from another Scandic closer to my office not in the city. My 1st trip to Stockholm and I wanted to see/feel the city before leaving the next afternoon. The front desk was very very polite and informative . The elevator is the size for 2 people with carry-on bags to stand close but does the job. They do not have baggage storage capability- but we stored our bags in the room and we able to keep them there a bit after the 1200 checkout. The room was beautiful - especially after the previous Scandic. Pictures I see in TripAdvisor are accurate. Much bigger than expected. Location is perfect for exploring the city! The shower does overspray but hot water and great pressure. Will definitely stay here again if exploring the city.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kruiz90

Hi Kruiz90,

Thank you for taking your time and write such a wonderful review about your stay.
You are more then welcome and we are looking forward to have you as our guest once gain.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days during holidays. Staff was friendly breakfast was good the Room was clean and Fresh. Close to everything in Stockholm city. On My wifes birthday they brought a present of shampoo and other hygenic products:-)

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank GinoPuglia8319

Hi GinoPuglia8319,

Thank you for such a lovely review.
I hope you had a visit here in Stockholm and that you and your wife had a great time celebrating her birthday.

We are looking forward to have you as our guests once again, welcome back.

Kind regards,