US$218
Sheraton.com
US$140
US$147
  • Pool
Story Hotel Signalfabriken(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$132
  • Breakfast included
US$250
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Birger Jarl(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$116
  • Restaurant
Freys Hotel Lilla Radmannen(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$128
  • Restaurant
Motel L Hammarby Sjostad(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotell och Vandrarhem Zinkensdamm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$69
US$138
US$129
1,581 results
All reviewsgamla stanmetro stationold townpopular barhotel barslocation is greatcomfortable roomscity centrehotel is situatedsuperior roomno windowexcellent breakfastvisit stockholmyogurtsodermalmstopspartying
Reviewed 15 December 2014

I've been here for one extended weekend (fortunately) and maybe I had bad luck (or not). For the 3 days I've stayed there, the room was never cleaned. Maybe it could be acceptable for the hotel, while following some ecological policy, but when you are paying and ask for some cleaning, it's not pleasant to see that you're not being listened. The location is great, the subway is around the corner and the entrance of the traditional district is on a 10min walk range. Maybe the good location is causing the biggest problem, in my opinion....the noise. The hotel "includes" 1 bar and 1 night club. It's great to have a drink by the end of the day, due to the excellent atmosphere, but if you think you can sleep, forget it. The noise is too loud until 1 or 2 am, so if you're staying on the first floor and you want to sleep, you are offered some hear plugs.....In my humble opinion, hotels are not compliant with night life, but maybe I'm wrong. One final word for the receptionists, they really try to minimize the "damages", but the service and noise are overwhelming.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
ScandicMalmenSthlm, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

Hello Vlobato,

Thank you for your review.
I'm sorry you had this experience and I would like to hear some more about your stay and ask you to contact me at lisa.persson2@scandichotels.com.
Regarding the noise I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping, we have three very popular bars at the hotel and the hotel has an great music history which we are very happy about, but this should not disturb our other guests. Once again I'm sorry for that.

I hope to hear from you.

Merry Christmas,

Reviewed 9 December 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not good to sleep. In ground floor it has 3 different spaces to listen music and dance so it's impossible sleep in first floor. I don't know if in second floor it's ok but in our room we were offered ear plugs. ... so i guest you understand.
About locationm is ok.
About cleaning, we stand for 3 nights and on second day i wrote in a paper to as for cleaning my room and the room serviced only make our bed... the floor was dirty when we arrive with food and when we check out was worst.
NOT good but won by location.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
ScandicMalmenSthlm, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2014

Hello MagdRoma,

Thank you for your review.
I'm happy to hear you liked the location. We feel very privileged to be located here in the middle of Södermalm. I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping. You are always welcome to tell us if there is a problem and we will do all we can to help you have a nice visit. You should be able to expect that your room will be cleaned and I will look into what happened this time.I want to hear more about your stay and ask you to contact me at lisa.persson2@scandichotels.com.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2014

Quite a surrealistic experience this time at Scandic Malmen. I was denied entrance to the nightclub by the door guards! Nowhere have I experienced this before and I have traveled to 40 plus countries. I couldn't believe it! I had had a few drinks with friends over dinner but was nowhere near drunk: not stumbling, not slurring my words. Incredible! I have lived in Sweden before so I should have by now realized the fascist reputation of door guards in the country, given so many similar experiences I have heard. I showed them my door key and was then let in to the hotel but not to the nightclub. I was basically told to "go to my room."

If you like this kind of treatment than this is your hotel. And check my previous reviews of this place which have been very positive. I know the hotel outsources their guard-duty to another company so this is more a Swedish phenomenon than directly related to the hotel. But I hold the hotel responsible nonetheless. Stockholm, despite it's pretentiousness will never reach the status of a world-class city until it deals with it's door thug issue.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobinLocksley
ScandicMalmenSthlm, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2014

Hi RobinLocksley,

I'm sorry to hear about experience this time. I would like to hear more about your stay so we could sort this out. I ask you to contact me at lisa.persson2@scandichotels.com.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2014

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Reviewed 16 November 2014

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
ScandicMalmenSthlm, Kundansvarig at Scandic Malmen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014