“Avoid if you can. Way too pricey. ”

Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly as we all know, the photos and the reality are two different things, and that was evident with Hotel Amaranten as well.

Rooms were dirty, smelled like mold and are really cold. Wind blows through the windows and headache was constant. After complaining about the issues we were having, the response from the reception was non-existent. And after complaining yet again in the morning, they promised to change our room for better for the evening. However after we came back later, this promise was accidentally forgotten. This pretty much proves that this place couldn't really care less about customers problems.

Breakfast was really busy, no matter what time you went. Bread was OK, but ever else was poor, so don't pay extra for it.

Location was convenient, and that is why I'll give two stars.

If Amaranten is the standard quality of Clarion hotels, I can safely say that you'll get easily better value for money from elsewhere. Almost 200€ for night is way too expensive.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Jussi

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to give us feedback. Feedback from our guests is always highly appreciated and valued.

It is my hope and expectation that all guests that check in at Clarion Hotel Amaranten will be a satisfied and leave a slightly happier.
It is regrettable and sadly to read that you have not had the stay that neither you nor I wish you to have.

I do apologize for the inconvenience regarding that you felt the wind through the windows, I have not heard anything like this before but I will tell my colleagues maintenance department to take a look at your room.
Please let me know personally when you are coming next time and I will make sure that you will have a great stay.

We hope to see you soon and I wish you a lovely day Jussi.

CLARION HOTEL AMARANTEN

Write a ReviewReviews (2,286)

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Yummy breakfast with fresh food and strong coffee. A bit noisy and crowded though in the breakfast area. Location is great and a short walk (10min) to T centralen.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Clarion_Amaranten, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Bella,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We are so glad to hear that you had such a nice stay. Strong coffee is my two favorite words, except pancake breakfast.

I hope we'll see you soon again Bella and I hope that you have a beautiful and colorful end of autumn!

Best regards

Reviewed 2 November 2017

The service was good, the breakfast fine, the room (superior room) was small, but what I didn´t like was that I was repeatedly reminded of Buddha! In the bathroom, at the reception etc. I would have liked to see the New testament by the bed as in many other hotels in Sweden.

Dear Bobby,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Clarion Hotel Amaranten, much appreciated.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you got a great service. I must say I am a bit confused, I can not remember that we have a single Buddha in the hotel, I can be mistaking.

Hope we get the chance to welcome you back here soon again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago and it was really bad. Now it is refurbicated and really nice, including the personnel. I really thank you for a nice stay. I suppose the breakfast was good but I was to late for it.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I spent in Clarion Hotel Amaranten more than 30 days and was in two room types so I will drop few general comments here. Hotel is settled almost in central Stockholm. Connection with everything is really close and Tube is in under ground of same building where hotel is. Stockholm central station is one stop away of few minutes by walking and from there you can get wherever you want. Breakfast is rich with really plenty of choices (waffle machines, egg ordering...). Lets say that room is classic. Double bed with sofa, no safe box. Nice thing is vouchers you get to be send in hotel bar or restaurant. For 1-5 night you are Blue member and you get 35 SEK vouchers per day. 5-30 nigh Sliver member 75 SEK per day, 31-60 Gold 125 SEK per day. For 125 SEK you can get two drinks or eat something light. Food in restaurant is very fine (great hamburger and Black forest pizza with Tartuffe). There is lack of accessories like table pool, ping-pong which much cheaper hotels in Stockholm has. Cleanliness is not better part of hotel. It occurred few times that couple days in a role passed by till my room was vacuumed clean. Also used glass on my desk was not washed up few times, bath not cleaned, blanket left thrown on floor or sofa... Strangely was that in a room was only two working power inlets. Other had banded metal pins so no way you could use them.
Otherwise there is big people flow in hotel. Elevator stops in every floor so lots of people uses stairs although there is three elevators.
Guys on reception are fine and polite and will help you with any request.

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for your rich and comprehensive feedback regarding your stay at Clarion Hotel Amaranten.
We could almost use you rich text as information text for the web page.
I hope that you are satisfied with your stay and that we see you here soon again. Until then we wish you a lovely weekend and a fabulous ending of autumn.

Ps: I agree with you, the truffle black forest pizza is amazing, it is what I am dreaming about.. when I am not eating it.

Best Regards