“Quick Visit to Clarion Sign”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Ranked #53 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Busy hotel. Next to the train station and more importantly, very close to Arlanda Express - the high speed train to Arlanda Airport (that in itself is impressive).

Reminds me of hotels in Hong Kong, lots of dance music (house not waltz) and musically themed elevators. Which reminds me, the evevators are not speedy. They seem to go up and down and up and never wind up on floor E which is the main level. The elevators each have a different music theme like electric guitar or DJ mixer desk.

The room was fine. I still cannot adjust to the skinny beds and skinny duvets but this seems to be par for the course. The bathroom however was plain weird. There is a curved piece of toughened glass which moves a little but this blocks most of the water from soaking the entire bathroom. The toilet however, gets fully washed. Yes, soaked. And no way to stop that either and so if you need to use the facilities after the shower, you have to dry both the toilet and floor around it. Like I said, weird.

Breakfast is nice. Lots of choices and techie touches like iPads to control the orange juice. The idea is to grab a plate, fill it and find a spot anywhere. It almost works.

Dinner is well, not so good. Long delays with table service. Just nobody showing up and this when it wasn't busy. Truth is, the wait staff were too busy chatting. When I did get the food it was okay but a $38 dollar should be better than just okay.

Checkin was long. Very long. Check out was actually not bad but, I stayed two nights and, my room was not cleaned. I was at meetings all day and so this was a bit of a surprise.

Summary - expensive place with poor service in many areas. Beware.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
clarionsign, Marketing Coordintor at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear basher959,

Thank you for this review. It's comments like these that make it possible for us to improve our selfs and what we offer our guests. Service is since always our main focus, and seeing your comments about it makes me really sad. We don't want any of our guests to leave with a feeling that the service wasn't as extra ordinary as we strive for. I will let all the concerned departments know about your feedback, i wish you a great day and i hope you'll come back to us in the future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Cool hotel in a good central location. Room 677 was small and spartan but quiet with a good bed, facing the interior courtyard. The wifi reception in the room did not work - I could not sit in bed or at the desk and use wifi. In the rest of the hotel it was fine. Breakfast was impressive but the space was large and hectic with a lot of people moving into each other.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear bruexpat, thank you for taking the time writing us a couple of words about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us, and there's always room for improvements. We are well aware of the situation with our Wi-Fi and we're trying to find another system that will work better all over the hotel!

I hope you come back to us soon again!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

When we arrived, a little early, the room was not ready. We were allowed to put our luggage in a store room. We were told that the room would be ready by 3pm. We returned at 7pm only to find that the room was still not ready!

Breakfast was very busy and tables not cleared efficiently. Staff looked as if they would rather be elsewhere. It was very varied though and catered for dairy free and gluten free.

The pool area is small but nice. Children are not allowed after 1pm. You have to pay extra to use the pool, the first time we have encountered this at any hotel and we are very frequent travellers.

The location is very central and useful for both exploring Stockholm and for access to the airport train.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
clarionsign, Marketing Coordinator at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear 169davinaw,

Thank you for sharing this with us, and i'm really sorry that your experience didn't end up the way your wished for. I don't know what happened that day, but your right, the room is supposed to be ready at 3pm, i'm sure my colleagues did everything they could to help you our, but once again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope you give us another chance in the future next time you visit Stockholm.
Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Excellent location very close to Stockholm Central Station, buses, express train to airport etc. etc. During my stay the breakfast area was undergoing renovations and the replacement space was too crowded. I suspect this is now complete. Breakfast was excellent. I didn't try out the restaurant as there were many cheaper places to eat within walking distance. It was expensive, but accommodation/food etc in Sweden seem quite expensive, otherwise its fine and I would return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear kaitorotoro,

Thank you for writing a couple of words about your stay. I'm glad that you had a great time at Sign and thank you for your kind words about our breakfast, we're very proud over it. You're totally right, the renovation is now over and all guests get to enjoy our big breakfast buffét in our new breakfast area. I hope you come back to us soon again, welcome!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed 3 nights here in August and had a great time. We had a superior room with view over the park. The room was lovely,spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was amazing! As we are both gluten and dairy sensitive and prefer to eat healthy food we were very pleased to find a good selection of alternatives, and even wheat grass powder, cacao powder, hemp powder etc.Very impressive! They were renovating the reception area when we were there but that didn't impact at all on us. The staff was amazing, really friendly and helpful. We would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rosie5606,

What a wonderful review, thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed staying with us and im so glad that you mention our breakfast, since we're very proud over it. Our breakfast is both organic and fairtrade with a wide selection of tasty things. I hope you stay with us next time you visit Stockholm, welcome back!