“Excellent Japanese in the area”
Review of Raw Sushi & Grill

Raw Sushi & Grill
Ranked #451 of 3,470 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$36 - US$36
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We went for a late brunch to this place since it was nearby my temporary lodgings. We weren't feeling very experimental so we ordered Edamame and Sapporo as starters, and Fried Chicken in Chillibean sauce (Karage) and Raw Bento, which is a mix bowl of salmon sashimi, fried sashimi, fried chicken and california maki. I was personally blown away by the fried chicken. It was just perfectly fried and was extremely juicy inside. The seaweed salad was also very good, better than most places. Portion sizes are very European which is a decently smaller than what you get in the US, this is a relief for me since I can never finish the portions in US and it feels bad wasting good food. This was not the case here, the portion was just appropriate. I got 5 large pieces of chicken, one standard rice portion and a decent chunk of seaweed salad. My friend loved the fried salmon and maki sashimi too. Wasabi seemed fresh (but we aren't wasabi connoisseurs so don't take our word for it). They dont accept alteration requests to their menu and I suppose for good reason, since the food was very near perfect.

The location of this restaurant was very convenient but it is in St Eriksplan which is one of the major areas in Stockholm. The prices were also reasonable and the ambience was romantic. They had outdoor seating too in a very scenic area but it was drizzling so we sat inside instead. The staff was courteous and friendly. We will definitely be visiting again to sample their non-brunch weekday menu.

1  Thank Neha S

Reviewed 25 October 2016

The soft-shell crab and spicy tuna makis were excellent, but the gyoza not hot enough and too soft. A chilled sapporo beer never disappoints, though.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Had a dinner with friends from work and we had one of the best maki dishes in town. The place is quite charming and good decor.
The service was lacking, the girl that served our face had an attitude from the beginning and she basically was kicking us out after we ate, no dessert offer nor more drinks. Dissapointing!

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Raw is always handy for a sushi take-away service and so it has figured every 5-6 weeks for the last many months. And last Sunday with one suffering a winter cold, a quick phone call was all it took to ensure a tasty evening meal.
The menu has been tweaked.
The prices have probably been "tweaked" too.
However, we ordered by phone and told it would be ready within 15 minutes. I walked there in less than ten, the order was sitting, waiting.
Now, in the past, miso soup was always included. On this occasion I was asked if I wanted the soup. Of course I said "yes, please!"
On arriving home I discovered two other staples from old - soya sauce and wasabi paste had both been omitted and one of the first remarks when the orders were uncovered was "they're smaller than before!" Yes, I thought they were! Length or width or something, there was a simple sense that these portions were smaller than heretofore.

So while I'm comparing "like" with "not exactly, but very nearly, like" something seems to be askew - and it's not the food, the taste and quality was high as usual.
There was a distinct aftertaste of either carelessness or cost cutting - one hopes neither was deliberate - but we'll see how things work out in the future, well once more anyway.
Disappointed by slipping standards on this occasion.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Helpful staff assisting with seating (brought a dog). Good recommendations for wine. Nice menu, delicious sushi (House Raw mixed plate).