US$112
Arena Hotel(Gothenburg)
US$104
US$68
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Gothia Towers(Gothenburg)
US$151
5:ans B&B(Gothenburg)(Great Value!)
US$88
Upper House(Gothenburg)
US$273
US$265
  • Breakfast included
Nolvik Hotell och Konferens AB(Gothenburg)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$156
US$144
Avalon Hotel
1,444 results
All reviewsnice hotelfootball stadiumeconomy roomsuperior roomquick checkwalking distancegreat roomgreat breakfaststayed here for nightscomfortable staycity centreboiled eggsamusement parkperfect locationbreakfast buffetherringgothia towers
Reviewed 23 May 2017

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Opalen S, Guest Relations Manager at Scandic Hotel Opalen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Though the hotel was very loud and busy during my stay, the overall service and quality of the hotel was great. The room was basic but very comfortable, and my room received good housekeeping every day. Location was close to Liesberg amusement park but a little bit farther from the city centre and old town, but the location was generally pretty good. The reception staff were also very helpful when I asked about things to do and such.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Opalen S, Front Office Manager at Scandic Hotel Opalen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear hotgloves97,

Thank you for choosing Scandic Opalen for your stay in Gothenburg and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It makes me very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more that my team gave you the service that we everyday work for.

We hope to see you again soon,
Best regards,
Andreas

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Nice room. Clean bathroom, newly renovated.
The personnel behind the service disk were very helpful and service minded. I had forgotten to book car parking in beforehand but they had 'pre-booked' it for me.
Good breakfast, as always at Scandic.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com

Dear ninar231,

It makes me very happy to read that you liked our new rooms and that my team helped you with the parking.

We hope to see you again soon,
Best regards,
Andreas

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Service minded staff? Absolutely not! (no welcoming, smile or giving good answers to questions)
Expensive parking? oh yes! /the hotel has a garage, but is probably always full in weekends)
Cheap and good location is the best with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Opalen S, Manager at Scandic Hotel Opalen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

I'm very sorry that we did not manage to deliver the level of service we should have during your stay. We take the feedback very seriously and constantly work for development. Hope you want to give us a new chance, for us to show we can do better.

Jenny Bladh
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed Friday to Monday on an extremely busy weekend, lots of kids staying too for a competition. The lady on reception couldn't be more helpful and went out of her way to help with any queries throughout the weekend. The room was clean, fantastic view from the 12th floor panoramic windows in my room. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Opalen S, Receptionist at Scandic Hotel Opalen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Hej soniariley,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It makes me really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It makes me even more happy to hear that you got such good service by our front desk. And I couldn't agree more - the view from the superior rooms is amazing!

Welcome back to us again,

Regards,