Fonda del Sol
Ranked #814 of 1,597 Restaurants in Helsinki
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This was an invitation....and I thought: " Huh, in a shopping center ?? " But really this was a pleasant surprise at least for me.. I had peppersteak . Wonderfully rare done in a thick strong pepper sauce.. I chose the garlic potatoes to go with it...and apart from that there where finely cut small chilies, a very nice salad....and a big portion.

My two partners chose chicken, and clearly the place is more used to ox meat as the chicken, on their plates had been fried too hard, and not slowly as it should have been, resulting in a dry and hard experience for both of them... But for a piece of ox I would definately go there again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I just LOVE the fact that you can combine your meal with either salad, french fries, vegetables, mashed potatoes or a baked potato just the way you want it. I have never yet been disappointed in their quality or taste, also the service is wonderful. I recommend. Great prices too.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Friendly service and seated quickly enough.This a busy resteraunt in one of the largest shopping centres in Helsinki so perhaps not the best choice for a Mexican dish.The food is Ok but bland,well for my taste.However it was freshly cooked Although service a little slow.
Not much of a Mexican ambience about the place but very clean

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Fonda del Sol is one of the restaurants of the restaurant world in itäkeskus shopping centre. It serves various kinds of foods from salads to steaks and chicken. The place has a good and polite service, but is a bit restless because of the corridor that passes the place. Our food, chicken with tasty pepper sauce was resonable in the price category (less than 15 euros). Suitable for a hungry shopper or a random Explorer in Itäkeskus.

Reviewed 29 November 2016

This place is located in the foodcourt of the shopping mall called Itis. As all foodcourts usually, this was not anything special. Filled your tummy but for the food I would not go again. For the very friendly service I could visit again.