All reviews art museum chain hotels boutique hotel resident parrot old style old house antique furniture train station little bit breakfast was delicious friendly service the main square walking distance free parking excellent location parrots kitsch
Reviewed 28 August 2017

That family owned hotel was well situated just 10 minutes walk from downtown. I enjpyed the difference from mainstream hotels and the story behind the house and owners. Dated back to 1902 and being owned by the same family last 30 years the house has been kept with enormous love and passion. Somehow little bit too much fake flowers and details like that but some cute extras at the same time (the parrot, ring tone of the phone call, paintings, antique furniture etc). Very helpful stuff. And our room - 301 - was very spacious! I loved the breakfast as well which had a plenty of variety and a very yummy Karelian pies with egg and butter mash. Thank you and we'll visit again!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful old hotel with very nice staff and lovely rooms. The hotel is in the centre of Turku, but quiet. Parking and WLAN is for free. Breakfast is good. Everything was fine. I can recommend this hotel absolutely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed for two nights and enjoyed ourselves, though it is a bit further from the main square and river areas then we had initially thought - just a little more walking to get back and forth, but the quiet also helps to make up for that. Everyone at the hotel was helpful and very friendly. The breakfast was really good - plenty of hot and cold selections that were updated/refreshed very quickly.
The art museum is very close, and everything else is mostly walkable. They have a nice bar/common area attached to the lobby along with some very large dining rooms for breakfast all decorated with historical sketches of the property and surrounding area. There are some nice outdoor tables as well, and I think parking, though we walked from the train, so didn't use it.
Our room was big, very comfortable, and super clean (though very pink), and had a little balcony (it got pretty chilly sitting out there as it got late, but the fresh air was great for sleeping). It wasn't "modern", but everything was of good quality.
The wifi was a bit spotty, but probably worked better on the other side of the hotel from our room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Cosy, old, different. Not fancy. We like it for one night, and the environment is beautiful and quiet. If you are very strict about how things are done and everything should be in its place, you might find this hotel too worn-out and old.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I stayed at the Park Hotel for two nights. From when I walked into the property, I was given a warm and friendly greeting. And, when I saw my room, I was thrilled. It was utterly gorgeous. It was so very elegant, comfortable and perfectly appointed. The bathroom was large and all kinds of toiletries and extras were supplied. The staff could not be more gracious and helpful. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and a great variety of foods provided that would appeal to most nationalities. As I said to the owner, the only thing wrong with the property is that I did not want to leave it, to go out. Fortunately, Turku is so beautiful that I did go out, but was always very happy to return to the Park Hotel

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo