“The Best Langoustines!”

Price range: US$22 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Experience the unique taste of the local Icelandic lobster/langoustine, in the charming restaurant Humarhofnin by the harbour in the fishing village Hofn.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

So fresh and simply prepared! We started with the Langoustine Bisque, which was delicious. Then we moved onto the Selected and Cut Langoustine tails. A whole pile came out and we stuffed ourselves. We finished with Skyr Bisquit. After a full day of sightseeing, this was a perfect way to end the day.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We ate lunch here while travelling through southeast Iceland and very much enjoyed the restaurant. Set in a quaint fishing village, the specialty is Langoustine (Icelandic lobster) an we tried it two ways - bisque and baguette. Both very fresh and delicious. The Icelandic feta cheese was also a great accompaniment. Food is expensive (as with the rest of Iceland) but worth it. Restaurant was clean with a modern cafe type feel. Would recommend if in Hofn.

1  Thank Evan B
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We have lobster soup and lobster. They serve the food very fast. Staff are really friendly. I celebrate my birthday in the restaurant.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

My husband and I were told that Hofn exported lobsters to several countries. We asked our driver to take us to where he considered the best seafood place in town and this was where he dropped us off. The food didn't disappoint. The grilled langoustine tails were delicious even without the accompanying two sauces (very different and both very tasty). The waitress who took care of our table was young and really nice. I would definitely love to go back again.

2  Thank Rinacha
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I had tried langoustine in many restaurants in Iceland and this was the best langoustine I had in Iceland. Tasty, fresh and firm. I could sit there and eat tons of those. Cost roughly 6900-7900ISK per dish. Lots of patrons, so either come early or make reservation. Langoustine came from the harbor not far from the restaurant. I tried to buy langoustine to cook myself but in vain , unless you know some fishermen in Iceland. All seafood were frozen and sold in supermarket. The bread was good too. Use your fingers to eat and I licked all my fingers, they were so good. I would come back again.

2  Thank itcheetam