The Swan House
US$205
US$195
US$471
  • Room Service
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$281
US$464
US$374
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel Reykjavik(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$234
Agoda.com
Hotel Leifur Eiriksson(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$159
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$475
US$415
Travelocity
All reviewsgreat locationviking shiphooks to hangthe main streetwould highly recommend staying hereself catering facilitiesan extra bedscandinavian designa small kitchen areaeasy walking distancethe sofa bedgreat apartmentsstreet parkingbook tripsbase to explorebreakfast each morningexpensive city
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't have chosen a better apartment to stay. The location is very central and a few minutes walk from the harbour which is beautiful to walk along with exceptional views!
The apartment was great sized, the bed was huge and comfortable, the room was clean and equipped with everything we needed!
The staff were brilliant, they helped us with airport teenagers, excursion tickets and gave us recommendations of where we should rent a car and gave us a map showing us where we should visit. I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I really liked this hotel. We were on floor three, with only a view of the other side of the hotel which I thought I’d not like, but honesty didn’t matter. This place was great value for money. Our room was light and airy, the kitchenette had what was needed to save a little money and best of all the bed was super comfortable.
It had a kind of industrial / converted warehouse theme that really worked.
The bathroom is shower only but it’s a large shower area, and large static shower head and a smaller one that can be hand held or not. Great water pressure on shower. You control it, but if pressure is high make sure you have several bath mats on the floor. The water had a tendency to flow out of the shower area! Hairdryer provided and it was a decent powerful one too.
The staff were really great the several time we spoke with them. We asked for some more towels- not a problem. We asked for advice on shopping and distances etc, really helpful. Rooms are made up everyday.
You are given a key for entrance to room, and a code for entry to the building via a side door. We didn’t need to hand in the key when we went out thankfully.
Location brilliant. Just off main shopping street. Few minutes to the seafront with view of mountains and the Viking ship statue. 10-15 min cathedral, city hall, concert hall.
I’d definitely stay with them again.
Couple of suggestions of additions to hotel room-
A hook on the inside of the bathroom door.
Coats hooks near door! There are hooks to hang clothing in the room, but when you have a snow soaked bulky coat its not nice nor practical to drip water from the coat all over the floor.
Overall this is a lovely place to stay, great value in what is an extreamly expensive city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I stayed in The Swan House in early March. The location is very central. A lot of the attractions is within walking distance.
- Bus stop 7 (where you pick and drop off for tours and airport) is about 3 min
- Harpa is 10 minutes
- Hallgrímskirkja 10 minutes
- Bonus (grocery store) 7 minutes
The hotel itself is very clean. I had very little interaction with the staff since I booked all the tours myself (the hotel can book them on your behalf). But from the little interaction with them, they seem to really friendly and courteous. I did ask for additional tea a number of times and they were happy to oblige.
The room we stayed at is sufficient (I went with my 7 yr old son). The kitchen probably looks small in the picture but I can tell you that it is sufficient. They provide you with the basic kitchen utensils. They also provide you with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Having a kitchen saved us a ton of money as Iceland is on the expensive side. We went grocery shopping on the morning we arrived - bought eggs, bread, milk, cereal, ham -- the basics for breakfast and sandwiches to bring along our tours. That saved us quite a bit of money.
I gave it a 4 instead of 5 because of the cleaning service. We were there for 4 nights and had the room cleaned twice. Both times were not reflective of how the apartment is. First, there were still dirty dishes left on the counter. Second, the floor wasn't completely cleaned.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!!

TIP: If you walk down the street towards the water, you will see a gas station and a little fast food joint. At the gas station, they sell chips, soda, hotdog. And it's only about 2 minute walk.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We decided to upgrade our hotel in Reykjavik, and with the help of the team at NOKEN (check them out if you are not familiar) we ended up at the Swan House. My wife and I loved it. One of the only places we stayed where the beds were actually put together in a way where we could snuggle at night. I know this seems a bit trivial, but we had stayed at a few spots where the crack between the two beds pushed together kept on swallowing me. The room was very nice. We had little interaction with staff, just a young woman or two working the front desk, and that was fine. They were helpful if we did have any questions. The location is great too. Just off the beaten path of the main streets so it's less noisy. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin C
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a studio for 3 which was ample room.There was a double sofa bed which was very comfy. Nice and clean and modern. There was a daily clean service which would change towels if required and even did our washing up which I didn't expect. There is no need to put the radiator on as it is very hot, it was in the basement and as such you couldn't really open the windows a great deal.
I have only given a rating of 4 as we arrived early from our flight and they said the room was ready but if we wanted to check in we needed to pay approx £21 for the privilege.
However , I would recommend as it was in a great position just down from the main shopping and restaurant road.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family