All reviewswhale steakcity centregeothermal beachbudget accommodationthe busbed roomother guestscrackersbedside tableshared kitchenno liftexpensive countryfresh baked breadthe staff was friendly and helpfulhama nice place to stayrenting a car
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The first room we were placed in was a disgrace. It was an apartment with own bathroom. I’ve never seen a more disgusting bathroom in all my life. The room clearly had not been cleaned and there was mold on the ceiling. We did complain to reception and were moved to another room to which the staff replied with I’ve never had any complaints before Really??? It was disgusting I wouldn’t even let my dog stay here. The second room was a bit better but still dirty and mold on the ceilings. The hotel is located right by a busy road and you can hear the cars and trucks all day and night. It is also over the road from a cemetery and is a good hour walk from the town centre. The only positive was the food we dined in the restaurant one night for tea and it was lovely. The staff were nice but the hotel was disgusting. It was lower in price than most so expected it to not be perfect but never expected it to be so filthy. I will not stay here again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank niall c
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I had a dorm of 4. Was basic but excellent for the price. I successfully cooked in the kitchen. However, I would def. recommend the breakfast (10 euros) very cheap for Iceland and unlimited - get stoked up before heading off. Its 35 min walk from Reyk. However I found amazing cafe/bar The Perlan- 10 min walk away. happy hour at 9.00 - rotating, on a hill with glass, recently built. Was amazing and empty??

Room Tip: I chose a dorm of 4. Was fine, but lounge n kitchen nearby
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Pete M
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The beds were the best thing, extremely comfortable. The food was nice. Breakfast was basic ham, cheese, bread and cereal. The room was a decent size with a tv, unfortunately it has only 3 channels. The room was always clean but don’t think they change the order bed sheets as there was a rip in ours the whole 4 days. The water has a strong egg smell which was off putting. The location is a bit inconvenience as it’s 40min walk from city centre and no bars/restaurants nearby. However there a bus every 30 mins from Perlan museum which is close by. Staff where friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Really nice place to stay, meet nice people and a lot of Fun. Everything around the place,specially groceries.
People are really respectful, always people to talk with!
Réceptionnists are amaze, and they are helpful, friendly.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Quite a good hostel in Reykjavik. I was renting a car - the hostel has a free parking just near the entrance. There is a good kitchen inside, dorms are not big, but quite OK to have a sleep. Also, they provide with private rooms - they are quite small.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo