US$249
US$452
Hotel Odinsve(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$279
  • Restaurant
Hotel Leifur Eiriksson(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$188
OK Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$213
Hotels.com
22 Hill Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$205
Book now, pay at stay
US$398
Hilton
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe busdrying roomfree wifibed dormprivate bathroomlocal swimming poolschool groupseach bunkthermal poolsshower facilitieswe've stayedcooking facilitiespublic poola nice place to stayminute walkanother guestbread
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My daughter and I stayed here for almost a week. While not in the city centre it is on a local bus line and the tour companies and airport bus pick up here which is very convenient. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. We got lots of good information about nearby (shops, pool, bus, and so on). We had the self serve breakfast each day and there was enough variety that I can't see anyone not finding something to their liking.

The rooms were spotless and comfortable and roomier than many hostels I have stayed in. I had not brought a towel and big "fluffy" one were available to rent at the desk. I thought it was a bit expensive, but this is Iceland .... I am sure I will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SigridurOlafsdottir, Manager at Reykjavik City HI Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hey BCbikeGuy.
Thanks for your review and bringing your family to stay with us! I’m glad we were an ideal place for you to stay in Reykjavik. I’m pleased you found our team to be friendly and helpful. Thanks for the positive remarks regarding the room and our services!

Kind regards,
Sigridur Olafsdottir, DOO

Reviewed 10 September 2017

It is a good place to start the adventures in iceland. The people on reception helped us as much as they could, and the tour guides even gave us advice even if we didn't take them. It is a good place to rest .

Room Tip: Not sure only had one room in my stay, dorms so just bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. Clean and well fitted hostel. Kitchen, shower, Friendly staff, parking space everything here.

Only.

It is NOT in the center. You can walk. But its easier to take the bus.

Otherwise i can recommend this hostel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabriela T
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The location is a bit outside the main area of Reykjavik, but we obviously knew that before booking. The rooms and common areas were exceptionally clean, and the buffet breakfast was delicious. I also really liked how environmentally friendly the hotel is. The only downfall was that the staff seemed to not care about the guests, and generally did not answer our questions.

Overall it was a great stay, just be aware of the location before booking.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2017

We had a 2 bed room and a 4 bed dorm room for 6 people. The kitchen on site is great and well equipped and safe given that access to and from the rooms is by keycard only. The system for food is good - you have a private basket (although be careful if you have decent coffee or Ribena!) for fridge and counter. The communal spreads and seasoning is a good idea and you are encouraged to leave stuff for the next people which helps those on a budget. Rooms were functional and clean although if staying for more than a week you need to pay for the room to be cleaned and Bed Linen changed which is odd. Other than that functional, near a big pool and an easy ride or walk into town.

Room Tip: Single rooms or double is best. If you are in a dorm - try a bottom bunk unless you are a good climber!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends