“Excellent soup!!”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #22 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Locally owned. Excellent vegetarian soup. I had cabbage soup and it was served with fresh bread. Great value too.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a hearty carrot and spinach soup served with two small slices of bread and either a small container of hummus or butter.

This was the special soup of the day and it seems they change daily with a special and special soup option each day.

It is Iceland, so two bowls of soup set us back 2,500 Krona or about £20, so not the cheapest bowl of soup ever, but not the most expensive in Reykavik I am sure.

This is a small cafe and is perfectly nice. The staff weren't excessively friendly, more perfunctory if anything, but it's a cafe, so ambience and warm welcome are probably less important than reliable tasty fare.

It is only open during the day and closes at 5pm, so handy for a light vegetarian lunch.

If you are vegetarian I would say this is a good spot to grab decent food at a not totally outrageous price.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This place has amazing food, they offer two chooses either the meal or soup of the day or both. Their desert is also very good.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

This was one of my favorite meals in Iceland. There is nothing better after a cold blustery walk, than to step into this sweet and serene cafe.A bowl of the delicious homemade soup and a slice of hearty bread is a PERFECT meal. I've never had better soup!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

I'm not sure that the Cafe Gardurinn is actually the same place as the Bjor Gardurinn in the Fosshotel that I went to with a group of three friends, and if it is not, I apologize because I don't mean to mislead. we ate the Bjor Gardurinn as a last resort because the Fosshotel restaurant was fully booked, and another nearby restaurant was empty and looked cold and unappealing, so we returned to the hotel to eat in their more informal dining area. We sat on oversized chairs with coffee tables at our knees; there was a general hub bub and it was a cozy, friendly, lively place. The waiter was efficient and friendly, the pub food was freshly made and tasty, the french fries were heavenly. Slowly we warmed up and relaxed from having walked around outside trying to find a place to eat, and because the tables and seating areas were organized so informally, we soon got into a conversation with nearby English tourists with whom we traded travel tips and stories. It was pleasant and low key, and very enjoyable.