US$249
US$327
US$283
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$362/night.

Hotel Odinsve(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
OK Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$211
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$407
US$582
US$525
Travelocity
All reviewscommon roomsad carssleeping bagbed roombig kitchencity centrecar rental companymixed dormlounge areapower outletsfifteen minute walkbsi bus stationcommon areasfelt like homekitchen facilitiesown mealsmain church
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I am a 68 year old grandmother, traveling on her own. I can not express how wonderful this experience was! I first arrived at the beginning of June, 2016, for three days, taking advantage of the Icelandair free stopover promotion. Since this wasn't part of my original travel plan, I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay. WELL! As they say about ...... and coming out smelling like a rose .. I struck gold on my first try! The staff .. Maciek (like "Magic"), Nikki, Rosa, Hannes, and Daniel .. have treated me like family, even when I misbehaved a little (okay, I drank too much). Aside from the awesome staff (which actually should be enough, really), the rooms and bathrooms (Men to the left, because women are always right) were spotlessly clean, and for those complaining about blankets, etc, the requirements are clearly stated in the listing. Bring your own sheets and blankets and towels if you are booking economy (hey, at $90 for three nights, how can you complain?). If you don't have room in your luggage for them, the fee is really cheap to rent them. Just sayin'. I can't believe I waited 50 years to try a hostel. All you grannies out there .. you gotta try this. You'll be an instant hit with the kids; I have more friends of my granddaughers' age now than they do!

Room Tip: I would suggest the mixed dorm with fewer people, to cut down on traffic during the night. I srayed in the 10 bed dorm ... woderful.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank wardtree
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

The Duvets are not included and cost 1000isk which I found a bit too much. The location is not perfect but also not bad. You are at 20 walk from city center. I stayed in the 24 bed dorm and it's not an easy place to sleep in. There is always someone coming and and out and lights go on at 7am! The common areas as nice and showers too, although they are just 3 for 40 people!! Overall I thing there are better options in Reykjavik that include linens etc for just a bit more.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Marino K, Reception at Bus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the comments.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our 24-bed dorm is always full so it might be a bit difficult to sleep there. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that we have more than 3 showers. there are at least 3 showers on each floor. The lights don´t go on automatically so one of your roommates had to switch it on.
I´m also sorry that you didn´t know about the duvet but wherever you make a booking it always says the the price doesn´t include bedding, towel or breakfast. In dorms we only have sleeping bag accomodation.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Stayed here for 1 night on our way from the airport to the golden circle. The location is convenient if you're just passing through; otherwise, it's a bit out of the city center is a pretty ugly area with not much around. The facilities weren't bad - the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the kitchen was clean but had the bare minimums. The staff wasn't the friendliest (not sure if this is an cultural thing or what...but no one here (staff-wise) smiles). You can get breakfast for 800krs (~$8), which gets you a bagel, coffee or tea, and muffin or yogurt. Pretty expensive for a very lame breakfast, but this seems standard in Iceland (overpriced mediocre food). Overall, it's not bad, but it doesn't inspire me to return either - hence the 'average' rating.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

BusHostel is a really great place with lovely staff and a cozy and relaxed atmosphere. Especially Weronika is awesome and Sebastian was also very nice.

The location is also great, close to downtown and still not in the center

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Marino K, Front desk at Bus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Florian,
Thank you for your nice review. We are happy you have enjoyed your stay with us, and glad we ware able to help you have a nice time in Reykjavik! We hope to see you again :)

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

An hostel with a very nice reception hall where you can read cans drink your coffee. Very comfortable toilletes and showers outside of the rooms. Wi-Fi and big kitchen corners with enough space to eat. The price was about 60e in a 10 beds room. Unfortunately there are not spot lamps in the room, no shelves to store you staff (just payable boxes) so you luggage will be on the floor. No blankets but you can have them for some fee if u want any. It tooks 15min by foot to the city centre. Staff was very kind.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel B
Marino K, Front desk officer at Bus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your review. We are always looking to advance our service and we have noted your suggestions. We would just like to note the security boxes are free to use. We just take a 1000kr as a deposit for a locker key, and you get it back once you return the key.
We are also happy you enjoyed our hostel and hope to see you again soon :)