“Solid Food”
Review of Nora

Nora
Ranked #162 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Dining options: Reservations
Description: NORA is located in the heart of Reykjavik city center, next to the Parliament. The restaurant is named after local store that opened in 1933 and was named Nora Magasin. A kitchen, cafe and cocktail bar in the heart of Reykjavík with relaxed and casual atmosphere, great selection of local beers, spirits and cocktails. The menu consists of great variation of small courses.
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We popped into Nora Magasin for an early dinner after completing our Golden Circle tour. We were pretty hungry so we came in at about 7pm. It’s closer to the downtown area than it is to the main street, so it was a bit of a longer walk from our AirBnB.

We were seated right away and given menus to look over. Two of us went with the Fish of the Day, which is served with your choice of salad or fries. It was a lightly breaded pan-seared cod, which was delightfully flakey and moist.

I opted to go with their 3 for 2 tapas deal, which allows you to pick 3 tapas for the price of 2. I had Bert on Fire, or flambéed camembert, served with jam and baguette slices. They bring it over in a cast iron pan and flambé it at the table in front of you. Definitely an Instragram-worthy moment! I also had their Truffle Mushroom Risotto and an order of Wedge Fries. The risotto was really good – super flavorful and aromatic.

Service was pretty good and I would definitely recommend their 3 for 2 tapas deal. There are a ton of them to choose from!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very cosy bar. Not to noisy (which is excelent if you want to talk). Great drinks, great music, great interior. Very friendly staff. Worth a visit. Definitely place you want to visit again.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Nice place a bit away from the main street of Reykjavik. I went with the 3for2 deal, which gives you 3 tapas for the price of the 2 most expensive ones. The risotto was OK, the dumplings were really good and the camembert was good as well.
Service was great!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

They allowed us to wait for the city walk inside on a freezing cold morning. Returned for an amazing lunch. The sandwiches are big enough for two and the flaming cheese is entertaining and delicious. Would go back in a minute

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here on the 26th of August 2017 and we enjoyed it very much. Very good fresh fish for me and an Amazing beef burger for my wife, we were served by a very kind girl. I recommend it