US$248
Fosshotel Lind(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$197
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$188
  • Restaurant
US$527
US$436
Hotel Leifur Eiriksson(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

All reviewsbig fridgebus stoptoiletdowntowncerealapartment
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I want to focus on what is positive about this hostel, but it was just such an awkward experience. There is no front desk and thats fine, but it would have been nice to know that the hostel doubles as a kids singing studio, and at 11am you are promptly kicked out of the only place in the hostel where you can comfortably lounge and plan your day; more to that effect, the staff of the studio were incredibly rude and unfriendly, giving evil eyes and passive aggressive signals that they expected guests of the "hostel" to bail. forget good vibes.

the kitchen is really nice, well stocked and clean, and there is a grocery store/ beds were alright, i had sheets, and there are blinds built into the bunkbeds for privacy. all nice. showers were clogged though, but cleaning staff came through on time.

still, nothing justifies being subtly berated just for wanting to use the wifi in the hostel you jjust payed 5000~ kronur to get a bunk bed in an 8 person room.

just go to oddsson, or galaxy pod.

Room Tip: just don't
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We booked our stay through the hostel website and got a confirmation that the payment went through. When we arrived there, we realised we should have gotten some kind of other Email including the entry code. Another hostel guest let us in and after we called Maria, it became clear that she didn't send us an additional email , because the hostel was actually fully booked and bookings through the website should not have been working - but she gladly took the money and did not say a word until we basically showed up at her doorstep. We could stay there for three nights, but had to find somewhere else to stay for the remaining two nights - a fun task in late August in Reykjavik, which she refused to help us with. To this day she still owes us the money we paid in advance for the last two nights and, as others already pointed out, can't get in touch with her since.

Apart from this nasty experience with the owner the hostel was alright, hence the two points. The facilities are clean and the kitchen is well equipped. The bunk beds have curtains, but most of the power outlets and night lights don't work.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I recently got a surprise trip to Iceland for my 60th birthday. From the word 'go' my experience with B14 was not enjoyable. I got dropped miles away from the place by the bus because he could not get any closer. The hostel is miles away from anywhere. When I got to my bunk, I was shocked. There was no linen or bedding on the bed. I went to find, and was told that 'you should have a sleeping bag' which is not advertised. I then went to use the bathroom facilities and there was no toilet paper in any of the cubicles. I laid my head down to rest for 20 minutes and the man across from me sat naked in his bunk, I left the hostel to get something to eat and another male sat at the front door puking his dinner up. I called Maria to say that I would not be able to stay there, she offered me accommodation for an additional $800 on top of what was already given to her. I refused and said this was ludacris. She called back to say that she could move me to another place, which happened on the Saturday - I arrived to find a huge bunch of Americans on a stag doo, and I was sharing a room with them. Fortunately I did get moved to another room on my own.
I called Maria several times to close out the additional payment, and received no response. Since I have gotten home, my daughter's credit card has had deduction of £430 taken from her account. This payment was on top of the money she had already paid out. This is completely illegal, she did not authorise any payment and Maria has just helped herself to the money from the card details that were originally provided.
We have been trying to contact Maria since I arrived home, with no luck. She is ignoring calls, texts and emails. Extremely disappointed and upset. This has caused a lot of hurt between my family. I would never stay here again, and urge anyone who is looking to stay here to avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Generally not a nice place, difficult to find and out of the way.

Firstly, I am aware that this was obviously a hostel, however for the cost, it did not offer value for money. It was clean, but standard amenities, such as toilet roll, towels and bed linen were not provided.

Cooking facilities and toilet facilities inadequate for the amount of people. We were cramped in like sardines

Stay away! Value for money was ZERO! Do not go here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We found our accommodations delightful. We had a little balcony where we could sit and watch the crowds below us Maria upgraded us before we even got there. The kitchen was full. The beds were great. It was a great oasis on our journey. Thanks maria

Stayed: July 2016