“Good but a bit disappointed”

Restaurant La Bergamote
Ranked #132 of 810 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2016

I heard a lot of positive feedbacks on the Bergamotte in the last years and had high expectations when I went to this place.
I will keep it short and give you the pros and cons:

Pros:
Good service: waiters are nice and discrete
Good quality/price depending on the course (the starter and main course were good)

Cons:
Bread and desert (moeulleux au chocolat) are unfrozen (not freshly baked) which is disappointing for this kind of restaurants
Atmosphere and especially lighting would need a lifting

I would still recommend people to go to this place but do not go with too high expectations.

Philippe B, Gérant at Restaurant La Bergamote, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Sir or madam,

We thank you a lot for your visit and your feed-back.

It is true that we have been experiencing some music issue these last days, but everything is back to normal regarding the ambiance.

Nevertheless we would like to clarify the moelleux point. We just want to let you know that the moelleux is not frozen, prepared daily, and cooked on the moment.

All our products are fresh and prepared on the spot by our team.

The bread is pre cooked and deliver weekly by a bakery. We have three cooks, a little kitchen, and making bread is a whole profession. We are a restaurant, no bakery.

We thank you again for your visit, and we will be very glad to welcome you back again in our restaurant.

La bergamote.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I heard a lot about bergamote and was s first good visit. The dishes were nicely prepared, tasty, nicely decorated.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

this brasserie is in a residential part of town I don't normally visit, but they came up trumps for a business dinner for six, and I will go back privately. Short menu (always a good sign in my experience) but very willing to take requests for variations. Mouthwatering porco iberico on the night I was there. Accessibly priced wine list, and the food was fairly priced for Luxembourg and given the quality.. Friendly and efficient staff.

1  Thank Christopher K
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Restaurant is located in nice and quit neighbourhood. Menu is short but enough to choose favorite dishes. Starters between EUR 15 - 25, main dishes approximately EUR 30. Friendly personnel (French language only) and the atmosphere in restaurant is good. All in all good experience but bill of €115 ( 2 people, no wine) took something away from the good experience.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

La Bergamote is a restaurant with a great reputation, but from my understanding the presiding chef left; and when I re-visited the restaurant, it showed. I originally went for my birthday dinner which was excellent. Lovely service and food to match. However I went this year, for a relative's birthday and it was almost dire in comparison. The service was still just as lovely, but unfortunately the food was rather amateur. Change chef!