“Very good restaurant in Lux”

Restaurant La Bergamote
Ranked #132 of 810 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Meal for a family of three. Two meat dishes and one fish. The meat dishes were very good, while the fish not so. The decoration of the dishes was very elaborate, a bit too much for my taste. Terrific sorbet and chocolate soufle. Very good service, not very fast but still sufficient. Definitely worth a try. Good value for money.

1  Thank amtripper

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant in Luxembourg City. The food is nice and the staff is very friendly. We were just unlucky with a large noisy group having diner by our side. Pay attention to the price of the drinks, as the food has a very reasonable price (35€ the menu) for the quality but the drinks are definitively overpriced!

1  Thank Ángel M
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Being there with 3 friends (so 2 men and 2 women in total - perfect to have several opinions) for my birthday, we all really enjoyed this moment. The place is pleasant and comfortable. We went for dinner and 3 of us have chosen the menu at 35 euros with entrance, main plate and dessert which is really not expensive for the quality of the food. My last friend choose one of the suggestion of the day. All the plates were fresh and tasty.
The service was correct and the waiter took time to answer to our question when we had some (details on the sauces, wine ...)
I definitively have to try it for the lunch time as they propose a menu at 29.50 euros sounds like very intersting !
So, do not hesitate if you want to spend a pleasant moment without paying too much (not including the wine) and appreciate fresh and tasty food.

1  Thank Sandrine S
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

I read several negative reviews before writing mine, and I strongly disagree with the negative ones... "Too many different flavors on one plate" Yes, and it's fantastic! Amateur chef?! Don't know how an amateur chef can produce such outstanding dishes... Slow service... Yes, this is a typical french restaurant where slow food is celebrated. Bring 2 hours and enjoy, if you only have 1, go elsewhere.

I had a carpaccio with truffles as starter, which was excellent. My main was a veal chop (cote de veau) and it was simply outstanding. I highly recommand this place for gourmet lovers that are not shy to value high quality.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I heard a lot of positive feedbacks on the Bergamotte in the last years and had high expectations when I went to this place.
I will keep it short and give you the pros and cons:

Pros:
Good service: waiters are nice and discrete
Good quality/price depending on the course (the starter and main course were good)

Cons:
Bread and desert (moeulleux au chocolat) are unfrozen (not freshly baked) which is disappointing for this kind of restaurants
Atmosphere and especially lighting would need a lifting

I would still recommend people to go to this place but do not go with too high expectations.

Philippe B, Gérant at Restaurant La Bergamote, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Sir or madam,

We thank you a lot for your visit and your feed-back.

It is true that we have been experiencing some music issue these last days, but everything is back to normal regarding the ambiance.

Nevertheless we would like to clarify the moelleux point. We just want to let you know that the moelleux is not frozen, prepared daily, and cooked on the moment.

All our products are fresh and prepared on the spot by our team.

The bread is pre cooked and deliver weekly by a bakery. We have three cooks, a little kitchen, and making bread is a whole profession. We are a restaurant, no bakery.

We thank you again for your visit, and we will be very glad to welcome you back again in our restaurant.

La bergamote.