“Not my cup of tea”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived at the restaurant and were seated next to the door, with the cold draft, and in the window, where everybody passing in the street could stare at us I just felt like leaving the restaurant. There were so many nice empty seats, and we got the bad one. It felt as it was no use putting on nice clothes to go out for a nice dinner. From our table we could watch the waiters hanging at the desk, chatting. No, I was not thrilled.

The wine list is positive, enough of choice, both in reds and whites, if you just want a glass of wine. Our starters were nice, the starter of the day with mango and scallops and a burning hot consommé. I liked the consommé, a good dish for chilly autumn and winter evenings, tasty, real food.

Our main dishes were a disappointment. My husband expressely asked if there were mushrooms in the risotto and the answer was a clear no. When the risotto arrived, there were mushrooms. And all the vegetables sat on the top of the risotto, under a mountain of rucola. I somehow thought that they should be in the risotto? (not the rucola, of course). My main dish was boring and without taste, even if it sounded nice, sandre with purée de rutabaga. Rutabaga is mostly used with meat so I was curious to taste how it married with the fish. It did not. And I make better purée de rutabaga myself. And I had the same vegetables as my husband had on the top of his risotto. I have nothing against using the same vegetables for several dishes, in a normal restaurant, that is, but if you are Michelin restaurant, and ask the prices you ask for the dishes, then sorry, you cannot do that.

The service was ok, not bad but not excellent, the interior ok, but nothing special.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a good time. The waiters are discrete and friendly and the service was rapid.
We had gambas and duck as a starter both delicious. Then I had fish and husband Charolais meat. My meal was presented in a wonderful way. The meat was unfortunately not very tender which was the only negative fact. Desert was creme brulée which was tasty.
It is an expensive place but worth the money.

1  Thank Laurence26
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Meal for a family of three. Two meat dishes and one fish. The meat dishes were very good, while the fish not so. The decoration of the dishes was very elaborate, a bit too much for my taste. Terrific sorbet and chocolate soufle. Very good service, not very fast but still sufficient. Definitely worth a try. Good value for money.

1  Thank amtripper
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant in Luxembourg City. The food is nice and the staff is very friendly. We were just unlucky with a large noisy group having diner by our side. Pay attention to the price of the drinks, as the food has a very reasonable price (35€ the menu) for the quality but the drinks are definitively overpriced!

1  Thank Ángel M
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Being there with 3 friends (so 2 men and 2 women in total - perfect to have several opinions) for my birthday, we all really enjoyed this moment. The place is pleasant and comfortable. We went for dinner and 3 of us have chosen the menu at 35 euros with entrance, main plate and dessert which is really not expensive for the quality of the food. My last friend choose one of the suggestion of the day. All the plates were fresh and tasty.
The service was correct and the waiter took time to answer to our question when we had some (details on the sauces, wine ...)
I definitively have to try it for the lunch time as they propose a menu at 29.50 euros sounds like very intersting !
So, do not hesitate if you want to spend a pleasant moment without paying too much (not including the wine) and appreciate fresh and tasty food.

1  Thank Sandrine S