“First Class Again”
Review of Oscar Resort Hotel

Oscar Resort Hotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Kyrenia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Two years running now have stayed here , value for money , excellent everything.

Room Tip: They are all good .
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank clickbuycyprus

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I went to this hotel in October with a Solos Holiday and have to say if it hadn't been for the
fantastic company I would have been bored to tears. The room was excellent, very clean and comfortable and getting extra coathangers and a kettle in my room was no problem,they were there within an hour of the request.The hotel facilities were very good and the pools were exceptional with plenty of sunbeds and the best poolside cafe I have ever seen.
The only bad thing at the Oscar was the food, it was the same every night with very little variety and often cold. The desserts were the same selection of mini cakes night after night
We were happy to eat out in the marina a couple of times but felt cheated that we had to in order to get a good hot meal.
Venture outside the hotel and there is very little to do it takes all of half an hour to walk around the town and there is no shopping to speak of. I don't go on holiday to shop by any means but it is nice to have the some shops to browse around. All in all not a place I would revisit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank djtfox
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Whilst holidaying on the South of the Island (Limassol), my partner booked Oscars directly from the UK for a few nights as she wanted to show me some the sights of Northern Cyprus. The staff at Oscars are utterly brilliant and make you feel very welcome. They all remembered my partner from a previous trip and were all genuinely glad to see her again.
On arrival we were taken to our 5* room which was absolutely stunning. The room was very spacious and pleasantly decorated with excellent views over one of the pools and the beach. It was split over two floors with the main sleeping area on one level and a separate sitting room and bathroom on another level. The facilities were great, flat screen TV in both rooms.

The sea and beach area is part of the hotel grounds with an abundance of sun loungers for relaxing. The beach is kept clear of litter and rubbish, the water is clean and clear and very safe for swimming and snorkelling, even for myself, as I am not overly confident in the water. The pool areas are also kept spotless with lots of sunbeds and cushions to go round.
The restaurant and catering was of high quality, extremely fresh and with a decent selection of hot and cold food, compliments to the chefs. The waiters are friendly and always on hand to provide drinks and clear away your plates. The Lobby & Bar area is also very comfortable.

I think the hotel is worthy of its stars, which in itself would be enough, but the real selling point for me are the staff who make every effort to make your stay at Oscars as happy as possible. Simon (Guest Relations) is a superb ambassador for the hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for him. Sait (Bar Manager), Adil (Bar) and Ebeneezer (Restrurant), and Vera (Waitress) were also fantastic and deserve to be named for their service. We will both definitely be back for a longer visit next year and to hopefully meet all you guys again.

Room Tip: 5* rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dean R
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Ok. before I start my review lets get one thing out the way. The photo of the indoor pool which is the main photo for Oscars is out of date. The indoor pool is long gone. I am told on good authority that Oscars got an agency to do these photo's and despite asking the agency to remove this photo it is still being used. date of visit 9th till the 23rd Oct
Well this was our third visit to Oscars over a period of 9 years. In this time we have seen many improvements. However the Panaromic junior suites are not just good,they are fantastic.The only downfall is that there is not enough as everybody wants them. See room tips below.
We only booked B&B as we allways eat out quite a lot. Breakfast was good,ok we know we will not get a full english unless you wait for the pool bar to open. You have to be pretty fussy not to find something to eat. We used the restuarant for evening meal twice. Food could have been hotter !. As ScarboroughBaz quite rightly states other guests we taking far to much food a lot of which was never eaten ( Can't stand that) Which brings us on to sunbeds, never experianced this before at Oscars. there are loads of beds why put your towels on them and go on a day trip to Nicosia . On wednesday there were about 10 of us around the pool but nearly all the beds had towels on.
We made a point of visiting a lot of the other hotels in Kyrenia and while some have elaborate decor none matched the heart and soul of Oscars.This is mainly due to the brilliant staff that work there.
Aysa and the reception team
Ismet and the pool bar gang
Eber, Kenneth and Sellen in the resturant
Sait,Adil and the lovely Vera at the Lobby bar.
Lastly Simon and Korel these guys work so hard and nothing is too much trouble.
In fact everyone at Oscars 2011 thanks for another great Holiday.

Room Tip: we booked and paid for a Panoramic junior suite and thats whatwe got. It came to our notice that so...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank fredEssex
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This is the third consecutive year I have returned to Oscar's (they must be doing something right!) and once again improvements have been made. The new Spa and Wellness Centre is now open, and whilst I didn't partake I know a few people who did, and they enjoyed it. There continues to be some improvements to the grounds and gardens, and the man made beach area seemed cleaner this year.
For me though, it is the staff which make the hotel. I consider myself to be friends with several of them now and it was great to be able to go out in Kyrenia with them after they finished their shifts. To me, this makes all the difference.
There were some minor irritations. Unlike the last two years I have been, the hotel was packed for the whole two weeks. (great for the hotel, not so for the guests!) this meant that on occasions it was difficult to get a sunbed at the side of the main pool. Additionally, there were not enough mattresses for the sunbeds (and some selfish people had two on theirs) Also, I think maybe the chefs were struggling due to the numbers staying at the hotel. Although there was a good choice of food, it was usually only lukewarm. I have not had this problem before. On several days there were very few puddings left as most people took their puddings when they got their main course (I won't say what nationality they were, but maybe you can guess!)
These few issues aside, I had a great time. Thanks to our rep Tay, and Simon and Said and all the rest of the staff.

Unfortunately, this hotel has now opened up to new markets in Germany and Austria. Not that I am against these nations, it just means that in future the hotel will continue to be packed and rather than being able to take a late breakfast and stroll down to the pool and still be able to get a sunbed, I may now have to resort to putting my towel on my sunbed before I go in for breakfast (like everyone else!)

Room Tip: Beg, steal or borrow a sea view room! The back of the hotel is so much quieter and the outlook so mu...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ScarboroughBaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
2 km away
High Life Hotel
#1 of 30 in Kyrenia
10.4 km away
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas

Been to Oscar Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!