“Not only the Food Superb and the Service Excellent, but the Pool deck by Night Deserve both a Mention and a Visit!”
Review of Caprice Restaurant

Caprice Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 1,090 Restaurants in Limassol
Price range: US$15 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Caprice head chef Vassos Michael works with Italian consultant chefs to produce a different menu every six months based on authentic Italian dishes with a Mediterranean twist of local fresh produce. Famed for fish and pasta, with a desirable wine list to suit, the Caprice offers a stunning view over the sea and is the ultimate in airy chic style. Adjacent to the restaurant is the Caprice Lounge and Terrace Bar, extending to the Pool Bar in summer. An extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu is served all day, with bistro lunch platters and a special snacks menu all giving choice to the discerning clientele. Trending in the Limassol nightlife scene, Caprice Lounge bar hosts live music events with a resident DJ keeping the beats going to the early morning hours. Impeccable waiter service, a unique cocktail list, comfortable sofas and the feature fireplace give winter visitors a warm welcome, whilst in summer, the blue Mediterranean waters and sea breeze ease travellers into total relaxation in the stylish boutique setting. Facilities • Breakfast Buffet • Restaurant (a la carte) • Pool Bar • Lounge Bar and Terrace • Bistro lunch, coffee and drinks menu • Event entertainment • Meeting/Banquet Facilities
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I was here recently where in the capacity of a Food critic I share comments on my tasting experience.

CUISINE: Upscale Italian with a Mediterranean twist.

CHEF: Vassos Michael exceeds the 31 years at the Londa and he is the creator of the signature and innovative dishes of Caprice. I have known him for years and he is a true expert on Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.

Besides being charismatic and talented, Vassos is very humble and friendly.

With emphasis to healthy options he avoids complicated recipes, uses daily fresh products and he does not particularly follow the different trends.

He managed to design his own unique Italian Mediterranean fusion through coordinated menus with consultant chefs from Italy.

Speaking of his own preference, the Chef points out the Iceberg salad but also speaks highly of his homemade pasta, mentioning that his favorite dish is the Ravioli with buffalo, topped with a mouth-watering sauce.

AMBIENCE: A welcoming aura throughout!

DINNING: Exquisite tastes, Contemporary presentation and a Stunning wine list.

My friend and I, dined in the idyllic ambience of the restaurant outside at the ocean front patio and enjoyed the view with our delicious three course menu.

APPETISERS: My choice was the exquisite Fresh Crab Soufflé with grilled Prawns and Chive sauce, (€9.50) while my friend had the Salmon Tartar (€9.00) which I also gave it a try. It was both refreshing and tasty!
Pairing the above with a glass of Ruinart Rose champagne.

Next, the Mozzarella Bufala Campana, fresh and nicely presented with cherry tomatoes and basil cream. Milky pearls melt in the mouth, making it a super yummy choice! (€17.50)

The Grilled Octopus with chickpeas cream and caramelized onions was my friend’s choice. (€12.50). Tender and flavorsome, though the caramelized onions spoil the full taste of octopus.
Pairing wine, the Xynisteri Zampartas.

I also had the Fresh tuna (€11.50) at lunch the following day. Wrapped with herbs, salmon caviar and fresh lime cream…not particularly fond of this salad, but this is just my own opinion!

MAIN COURSE: The Rack of Lamb in fresh herb crust was scrumptious and was my pick. (€27.50)

My friend had a divine Fillet out of which I had a bite or two out of curiosity. Tender and flavoursome. –Big thumbs up!
Pairing wine, the Cabernet Sauvignon Langarotti. An elegant and delicate taste!

DESSERT: After the shockingly tasty dinner experience, I went for the home-made Blackberry Cheese cake. The flavours came together in harmony while the cheese cake layer was divine. All the flavours I love! (€7.50).

My friend had a yummy Panacotta and we each had a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Pairing dessert wine, the unbeatable Cypriot Commandaria!

BOOK WELL AHEAD: The Caprice and Bar have an exceptional reputation on the island. Definitely make a reservation and hurry book now for the Christmas holidays.
Parking could be a bit of a problem as the hotel’s parking space is limited. A friend was compelled to park outside the hotel’s grounds but it was a Sunday.

REPEATERS: As a result of the quality and exquisite tastes, more and more residents prefer to dine in the hotel but there is also a great number of devoted locals who keep coming back for years.

Don’t miss the new inspiring menus that come out twice a year with a variety of choice!

IN ALL: This restaurant deserves its status! The entire experience achieved perfection, from the food to the service to the atmosphere & the attitude. We enjoyed exceptional waiter service by Petros and Panayiotis. For those of you searching for a culinary experience like no other, look no further than the Caprice which I highly recommend.

1  Thank greekcypriot2009
Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear GreekCypriot,

Being a sophisticated food journalist we thank you very much for your thorough review. We take great pleasure in reading all your wonderful comments and very much appreciate in particular your nice comments about our Chef Vassos and his service team. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit as well as the atmosphere at day and night. Thank you very much for recommending Caprice. It was a great pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best personal regards

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Last night we had a meal at the Caprice restaurant in the hotel.. Londa.
This was a stunning atmosphere. The restaurant ambience was relaxing, romantic and a beautiful glow of lights and stylish colour. The waiters and waitresses were so attentive to our every desire. My wife and I chose the same starter, the fois gras which was cooked to perfection! It was amazing. For our mains, we had the risotto and the halibut, devoured with a beautiful bottle of house white wine. This was a beautiful evening and worth every euro. We spent hours sitting eating..talking and enjoying the surroundings of an excellent place to dine. From start to finish, it was truly a mouth watering experience. And created more memories for us to take home from our time in limassol.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Witty,

Thank you very much for visiting Caprice while staying at the Londa. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Many thanks for all your nice comments, especially about our service and the food.

We hope to welcome you back again during your stay.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We had a tree course meal and nothing to put a finger on. Good wine, great bread and excellent taste together with lokal products.
Give yourselve a nice evening and reserve a table at Caprice.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting Caprice and for taking the time to share your lovely feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience. Many thanks for your recommendation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We booked the carprice restaurant as we were staying close by and came across on here. As the reviews where good and great menu.
The service was great and very attentive good selection of wine, spirits and beers. Sadly to say I was very disappointed with my meal, I ordered squid for starter sadly it parts was burnt and it spoiled most of the dish. On the menu said yhat the squid was coated in pesto however couldn't taste, could of done for a small pot of pesto on the side. My partner had soup which he really enjoyed. I had the fillet of Sea bass which was two big fillets, looked gorgeous however the sea bass lack some lemon seasoning again just a little too over cooked for fish for my liking. The fried leeks on top where gorgeous however. My partner had rack of lamb which he very much enjoyed however this time he said could of been cooked for a little longer and left it was just missing that something.
The settings of the restaurants is lovely and atmosphere idea for a romantic evening.
Shame we didn't have time to return, would of liked to tried again just to rule out if I just picked the wrong dishes.
We also ordered desert which was delicious and really made up for the meals.

2  Thank Jenniferhuson

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you very much for visiting Caprice while staying in the area and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that overall you had a lovely meal and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and were planning to return. Many thanks for your comments on the food which I have already shared with our Chef.
It was a great pleasure having you with us. Please visit us again next time you are around.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The menu offers many choices, and everyone can find what she/he wants. I took the beef fillet steak sandwich, which comes with fries, onion marmalade and coleslaw. The steak was made as it should have been, but the too-much onion marmalade was too sweet. The coleslaw seemed to be all Mayo with just a little cabbage and carrots. The fries were fresh and crisp. It cost 14.50 Euros.
There's a nice variety of drinks as well.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Glex5000,

Thank you for visiting Caprice during your recent stay at the Londa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the variety of our menu and many thanks for your feedback on our steak sandwich. Please visit us again. Our Caprice team is looking forward to welcoming you back.