“very romantic”

Price range: US$15 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Caprice head chef Vassos Michael works with Italian consultant chefs to produce a different menu every six months based on authentic Italian dishes with a Mediterranean twist of local fresh produce. Famed for fish and pasta, with a desirable wine list to suit, the Caprice offers a stunning view over the sea and is the ultimate in airy chic style. Adjacent to the restaurant is the Caprice Lounge and Terrace Bar, extending to the Pool Bar in summer. An extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu is served all day, with bistro lunch platters and a special snacks menu all giving choice to the discerning clientele. Trending in the Limassol nightlife scene, Caprice Lounge bar hosts live music events with a resident DJ keeping the beats going to the early morning hours. Impeccable waiter service, a unique cocktail list, comfortable sofas and the feature fireplace give winter visitors a warm welcome, whilst in summer, the blue Mediterranean waters and sea breeze ease travellers into total relaxation in the stylish boutique setting. Facilities • Breakfast Buffet • Restaurant (a la carte) • Pool Bar • Lounge Bar and Terrace • Bistro lunch, coffee and drinks menu • Event entertainment • Meeting/Banquet Facilities
Reviewed 1 January 2017

this is for me one of the most romantic places in town. if you sit outside you will also enjoy a nice view. the staff is ok could be more alert and the prices are a bit overpriced. other than that for me is the best place to go for a romantic coffee or dinner at nights. sometimes it is packed so you have to wait in queue. it is the cafe of a 5star hotel which automatically makes it extra clean and fancy. usually there is a lady playing the piano which goes the extra mile for the romantic effect. also the prices are reasonable. very nice place,

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Kalia,

Thank you very much for visiting and for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We are very honoured to read that Caprice is one of the most romantic places for you. It is always a great pleasure having you with us. Many thanks for your loyalty. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

It was my wife's birthday and we decided to stay at the Londa and visit Caprice, it was the right decision. I had told the staff it was her birthday and they made it extra special, they did bring a cake and as my wife cannot eat flour they had made a special dessert just for her with a candle in the center. The staff are wonderful it made a very special evening.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear MrQ,

Thank you for choosing Caprice for your wife's birthday celebrations while staying at the Londa. We are very pleased to hear that we contributed to a very special evening. Many thanks for your nice comments about our staff. It was a great pleasure having you with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Stayed one week at Londa hotel and had many meals in Caprice restaurant. As a couple we nearly ate all the courses on the menu. Starter, main-course and dessert every day.

This is a restaurant that makes wonderful food. All very elegantly presented. I recommend it strongly. Helpful, polite and very nice staff.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Guest Oddens,

Thank you very much for frequently visiting Caprice while staying at the Londa. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every dish on our menu. Many thanks for your nice comments about our service. We enjoyed having you with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I was here recently where in the capacity of a Food critic I share comments on my tasting experience.

CUISINE: Upscale Italian with a Mediterranean twist.

CHEF: Vassos Michael exceeds the 31 years at the Londa and he is the creator of the signature and innovative dishes of Caprice. I have known him for years and he is a true expert on Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.

Besides being charismatic and talented, Vassos is very humble and friendly.

With emphasis to healthy options he avoids complicated recipes, uses daily fresh products and he does not particularly follow the different trends.

He managed to design his own unique Italian Mediterranean fusion through coordinated menus with consultant chefs from Italy.

Speaking of his own preference, the Chef points out the Iceberg salad but also speaks highly of his homemade pasta, mentioning that his favorite dish is the Ravioli with buffalo, topped with a mouth-watering sauce.

AMBIENCE: A welcoming aura throughout!

DINNING: Exquisite tastes, Contemporary presentation and a Stunning wine list.

My friend and I, dined in the idyllic ambience of the restaurant outside at the ocean front patio and enjoyed the view with our delicious three course menu.

APPETISERS: My choice was the exquisite Fresh Crab Soufflé with grilled Prawns and Chive sauce, (€9.50) while my friend had the Salmon Tartar (€9.00) which I also gave it a try. It was both refreshing and tasty!
Pairing the above with a glass of Ruinart Rose champagne.

Next, the Mozzarella Bufala Campana, fresh and nicely presented with cherry tomatoes and basil cream. Milky pearls melt in the mouth, making it a super yummy choice! (€17.50)

The Grilled Octopus with chickpeas cream and caramelized onions was my friend’s choice. (€12.50). Tender and flavorsome, though the caramelized onions spoil the full taste of octopus.
Pairing wine, the Xynisteri Zampartas.

I also had the Fresh tuna (€11.50) at lunch the following day. Wrapped with herbs, salmon caviar and fresh lime cream…not particularly fond of this salad, but this is just my own opinion!

MAIN COURSE: The Rack of Lamb in fresh herb crust was scrumptious and was my pick. (€27.50)

My friend had a divine Fillet out of which I had a bite or two out of curiosity. Tender and flavoursome. –Big thumbs up!
Pairing wine, the Cabernet Sauvignon Langarotti. An elegant and delicate taste!

DESSERT: After the shockingly tasty dinner experience, I went for the home-made Blackberry Cheese cake. The flavours came together in harmony while the cheese cake layer was divine. All the flavours I love! (€7.50).

My friend had a yummy Panacotta and we each had a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Pairing dessert wine, the unbeatable Cypriot Commandaria!

BOOK WELL AHEAD: The Caprice and Bar have an exceptional reputation on the island. Definitely make a reservation and hurry book now for the Christmas holidays.
Parking could be a bit of a problem as the hotel’s parking space is limited. A friend was compelled to park outside the hotel’s grounds but it was a Sunday.

REPEATERS: As a result of the quality and exquisite tastes, more and more residents prefer to dine in the hotel but there is also a great number of devoted locals who keep coming back for years.

Don’t miss the new inspiring menus that come out twice a year with a variety of choice!

IN ALL: This restaurant deserves its status! The entire experience achieved perfection, from the food to the service to the atmosphere & the attitude. We enjoyed exceptional waiter service by Petros and Panayiotis. For those of you searching for a culinary experience like no other, look no further than the Caprice which I highly recommend.

1  Thank greekcypriot2009

Dear GreekCypriot,

Being a sophisticated food journalist we thank you very much for your thorough review. We take great pleasure in reading all your wonderful comments and very much appreciate in particular your nice comments about our Chef Vassos and his service team. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit as well as the atmosphere at day and night. Thank you very much for recommending Caprice. It was a great pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Last night we had a meal at the Caprice restaurant in the hotel.. Londa.
This was a stunning atmosphere. The restaurant ambience was relaxing, romantic and a beautiful glow of lights and stylish colour. The waiters and waitresses were so attentive to our every desire. My wife and I chose the same starter, the fois gras which was cooked to perfection! It was amazing. For our mains, we had the risotto and the halibut, devoured with a beautiful bottle of house white wine. This was a beautiful evening and worth every euro. We spent hours sitting eating..talking and enjoying the surroundings of an excellent place to dine. From start to finish, it was truly a mouth watering experience. And created more memories for us to take home from our time in limassol.

Jochen_Niemann, General Manager at Caprice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Witty,

Thank you very much for visiting Caprice while staying at the Londa. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Many thanks for all your nice comments, especially about our service and the food.

We hope to welcome you back again during your stay.

Best regards