Alasia Hotel(Limassol)
US$152
US$126
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$185/night.

US$120
US$116
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cookery School Cyprus(Limassol)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$67
Priceline
galahotels.com
Amathusa Villas(Limassol)
TripAdvisor
2,303 results
All reviewslimanaki restaurantlighthouse barleading hotels of the worldlimanaki fishfish restaurantkids clubsea viewjunior suiteamazing hotelindoor poolprivate beachfive star hotelfour seasonshalf boardspecial thanksfamily holidaypublic areas
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed here on business for three days from May 29-June 1, 2012, whilst attending a conference at the GrandResort just up the road.

I chose Amathus over GR as I'd read that although "5 star", GR was a bit dated. Upon attending the conference, I can confirm that this pretty much is the case. GR is clean - but needs a refurb imo.

Anyway, back to the Amathus.

Prompt, efficient check-in. Doorman were quick getting taxis where required and always eager to assist with baggage :)

Modern, contemporary furnishings throughout. I stayed in a Superior Sea View on the 1st floor. Good view, nicely furnished. Very very clean and I am a stickler for clean hotel rooms. The bed is enormous - I am 6' 1" and stretched, star-style over the bed I couldn't quite reach edge to edge. It's firm but not too firm. Nice linens. Couldn't quite figure out the lighting in the room from time to time - semi-confusing setup for that. Room was air-conditioned but I found the aircon a bit noisy, so it's a good job I always travel with earplugs. Likewise, I thought the doors to the hallway were thin and let through more noise than I would have liked. Lifts are slow; I took the stairs most times.

There is an iPhone/iPod speaker/charging/alarm clock/unit by the bed which is useful, worked for my iPhone 4S. Decent sized desk with powerpoints. Wifi was a bit flaky in my room but there's also an Ethernet cable which was much better. Wifi accessible around the pool area but not down on the beach.

TV ... if you speak Greek or Hebrew you'll be well catered for. Engish ... not so much.

Great breakfast facilities with the buffet. Prompt, efficient service, good range of hot food, cereals, cooked-to-order omelettes, fruit etc. Several restaurants on site although I only ate in the 'English' one where they did a lovely fillet steak. Nice fish restaurant right down on the beach.

Two main exterior pools, both quiet during my stay. One of them is marked as adults-only.

Ample parking. I hired from Avis but wouldn't do so again; they now have a policy of filling the car up with fuel, and you pay for a tank of gas and return the car as-is. As my trip involved 120km to Limassol and back from Larnaca airport, it worked out to be rather expensive and I paid for 3/4 of a tank of gas to give back to Avis. Plus, Avis don't tell you that they're off-site at Larnaca (as are Hertz), whereas Budget is right in the terminal with Sixt.

Nightlife ... hmm. Quiet. There is a bar with a nice view over the pool/ocean but on the night I was there there was a party with about 50 girls down at the beach restaurant, and the bar was dead. At 11pm I was the only person in there, but then this was just pre-season of course. Outside of the hotel there are not many restaurants, but a short walk down the road yields several. Outside GrandResort there are quite a few though - but this is not walking distance unless you're into 30 minute speedwalking along a road with no pavement. There is a huuuuge club just up the road from Amathus called "Dolce Club" but I couldn't hear the noise from the massive party I attended there by the time I'd walked back to my hotel.

Overall I liked it and would 100% stay again next time I'm in Limassol.

Room Tip: Sea view best; avoid the road side rooms unless you don't have a choice. All the rooms on the sea side have the same view, no matter what floor they're on.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank youaremessedup
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Once again thank you very much for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming back to any of the Amathus Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Hotel has renovated many rooms ,when i was there they are changing tv in some rooms.
The rooms with private pool are really private now.

Room Tip: Sea view without doubt ,if have some money limit -better take 4*star with sea view! Road view is awful!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us concerning your stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest and we were delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel facilities and services better than 2010.

Our aim has always been to provide the best possible service to all our guests, at all times and find ways to constantly upgrade our facilities; therefore comments like yours, give us the strength to improve even further.

Once again thank you for having taken the time and trouble to write to us and, in closing, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Amathus Beach Hotel in the not distant future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed twice in Amathus in Limassol. It was a breathtaking experience! Beautifully designed rooms. The breakfast offered a wide variety of really delicious dishes. The indoor infinity pool gave was fantastic! Simply majestic!! Had a nice spa experience too. We definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The delux rooms and the presidential suite are the only rooms which have been renovated. The standard rooms as well as the junior suites still have a rather old fashioned deco.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and memorable experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol.
It gives us great pleasure that you have chosen us as your holiday destination, and that your stay exceeded your expectations.
Rest assured that all your comments will be passed on to the rest of the Amathus Team and may I take the opportunity to further assure you that such feedback is very encouraging for all of us and enhances even more our commitment for constant upgrading of our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and extending to you once again the “Amathus Genuine Hospitality”.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

An excellent 5 Star Hotel which has recently been refurbished to a very high standard, with excellent service throughout. It is nice to see the same employees year after year....! Good food and lovely setting throughout. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank worldglobal
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We've just got back from Lemesol and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff her are exceptional, very friendly and helpful.

The hotel it's self is beautiful, modern and well laid out. We loved the fact they had a separate pool for the adults with attentive waitress service. We booked a superior room which was €20 extra but according to the site we booked on had recently been refurbished. I would have been disappointed had I booked into the cheaper room as they didn't look that nice.

We didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food.

The major problem, there isn't really a beach, and we were quite disappointed about this. This is why the review lacks 5 stars. I know there's not a lot they can do about it and the other hotels nearby seemed to suffer from a similar problem. They have made the outside area very nice and it wasn't really missed but I do feel calling themselves a beach hotel slightly misleading.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends