“I can only report on my own particular experience”

Cap St. Georges Club Beach Resort
Ranked #65 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Visited twice and have found the service exceptional. After seeing other reviews I'm confused. Were we just lucky?
I have to say that I think it's unfair to reserve tables at the front of the restaurant for people who may never appear. They are reserved for customers who are having a meal. I do not agree with this. The tables should be used for people who have actually bothered to visit the restaurant. Why should they be reserved for 'imaginary' diners? I suggest the restaurant changes to a first come, first served policy or genuine reservations and rewards customers who are actually present with the amazing views.
Now back to service and food. As I indicated, the service we have received on both lunch visits has been excellent. The food was delicious and piping hot.
The waiter service at the sun beds was particularly attentive.
I can't fault our experience and will most definitely return.
I would suggest that people speak to management about their problems first before taking to reviews as it can be very damaging to a business. I recommended the Restaurant to friends and they messaged me to say they wouldn't be visiting after reading the reviews as they were the worst they had seen on TripAdvisor. Management must take note and ensure only happy customers leave their Restaurant.
I would have given 5 stars if the front tables were available to everyone regardless of whether they are eating or drinking.
Two people having several drinks could spend more than two people having a light lunch and a coffee.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobertaFyti

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The only positive is the location. We had dinner with friends, terrible service, scruffy staff, poor menu, overpriced. I complained about my meal, the waiter said "we'll change it", I didn't want it changed, (I would have waited another fifteen minutes, eaten it alone and inconvenienced my companions). Then he said "we'll take it off the bill" (they didn't). His boss came and insisted there was nothing wrong with the meal! The proprietors clearly don't care so highly unlikely that anything will change (they don't even respond to reviews on this site). We won't be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We called in for a drink at lunchtime. As a this time we didn't intend to eat we got placed at the back. However we did decide to have a light lunch. Food was very good and lots of it. Expensive but if we had a table with a view it would probably have been worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

The title really says it all. Cap St Georges has some of the most amazing houses I have ever seen (albeit that they are rather close together) and the club house is stunning so I was really expecting the restaurant to be something else. Well, the location was fantastic and it was stylishly set out but the food and service were just so mediocre. Staff were standing around looking at their watches and when my husband mentioned that his steak wasn't rare the manager who was alerted by a waiter argued that well it was "medium rare so that was OK then".

Our waiter was very attentive but as noted above many of the staff seemed bored and wanting to be elsewhere. Considering the prices this place charges the food and service really should be much much better and the menu should have a lot more variety.

Incidentally the hotel isn't yet open and this is purely a restaurant review.

Room Tip: There is no hotel here yet.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leishia2014
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

After much publicity this place was a must for us to try out.
As we were unsure of what prices were likely to be we chose to go for our wedding Anniversary seeing as it seems like a special type of place that would make it worth remembering and we could watch the sunset.
We booked in advance and due to this we did expect to be seated in a better position. However we had not been reserved a front row seated table and so other people already occupied them...maybe they had all booked too?
The resturant was not busy with 4 tables occupied and one at the front which was occupied with a couple just taking drinks.
We ordered drinks and waited and waited..infact we waited so long that we had to ask the. To chase up what had happened to them. This was a disappointing start.
Staff seemed to be away from the are more than they were viable and when they were visible they were not looking to attend the tables as twice I had to refill my own water.
The food was excellent and we had expected nothing less so I am pleased to say that the sea bass and chicken dishes we chose were both excellent. My only comment here would be that I almost ordered seabass and thank goodness that I didn't because it came with a hit.....my husband said chilli which he maybe had missed on the menu and I would not have eaten.
The place is stunning and the food 5 star so if you can get passed the poor service or their service gets better then it would certainly be a place to be enjoyed if you want quality food.
It's not cheap of course but if both food and service were good you really wouldn't be bothered about the cost. For a nice place in a nice location with excellent food , it's worth paying a little more but poor service will put us off returning on a regular basis.
Management you need to get your service much better.
We have since spoken to two other friends who both tried out the resturant on our recommendation and both couples were also disappointed with the service, saying that it's just far to slow.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple