Hadjiantoni Anna Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$61
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$94
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
US$222
US$188
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

Aloe Hotel(Paphos)
Amarakos(Paphos)
US$105
US$73
  • Pool
Akamas Health Farm & Spa(Paphos)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
20-50(Paphos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool barbar staffcoral bayentertainment teamself cateringwater polofire showair conoverlooking the seakids discobus stopcleaned regularlyday ticketplenty of sunbedsentertainment areaground floorbig pool
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at Eleni for 5 days in one bedroom apt. The accomodation was o.k., the rooms were spacious and clean. Overall I was going to rate it above average but on our last day everything was spoiled from the very rude behaviour of the pool bar staff. On three occasions the lady serving there was so rude that you wonder whether customers really deserve this.And we were not on the ''all inclusive basis'' meaning that we were paying in full for our drinks and food which were not at all cheap! Of course we complaint to the manager right away who just apologised saying that they were working ''under pressure''.
Diving in the pool was not allowed (there were big signs) but this was going on from people of all ages and the person in charge was doing absolutely nothing. The result was to get splashed very very frequently.

2  Thank Anthi I
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Eleni with my husband and 2 children (aged 11 and 16). There are good and bad points, so here's a summary of both which will hopefully give you a balanced view of what it's like.

Sunbeds: During the first week there was no issue with getting sunbeds by the pool. The second week however there was an influx of large parties (mainly Greek families) and it was impossible to find anything. In the end I noticed that people didn't even bother removing their towels at all and just left them there overnight. We opted for the sunbeds on the grass overlooking the sea and there were plenty of those available.

Pools: The main pool was lovely and started at ankle deep and gradually got deeper, perfect for children and cooling off. You could even sit in there to read a book as long as you didn't mind the odd splashed page! Unfortunately during our 2nd week it was closed for around an hour most days, as the Greek children kept using it as a toilet and there was poo in the pool. A number of our fellow guests also started getting tummy upsets at this time but I'm not sure if the 2 things are related. The sports pool at the top was great for volleyball etc but a gang of Greek men/lads broke the net by jumping on it and it was still waiting to be fixed when we left. The little kids pool seemed to be fine. There's also an indoor pool but I wouldn't recommend it as the water was stagnant and smelled. This was source of the bad odour that a lot of people have complained about in the recption area, as the indoor pool was directly underneath.

Gym and Sauna: The gym equipment was old, which isn't necessarily a problem, but much of it was broken. The gym was downstairs next to the indoor pool and there was no air conditioning so it was pretty much impossible to use it. The sauna was broken and out of action the whole time we were there.

Food and Drink: This is the only holiday where I have actually lost weight! I pretty much survived on salad, melon and grapes for 2 weeks. Breakfast is absolutely fine (cereal, toast, bacon, eggs etc) so my advice is to make the most of it and eat well first thing. The buffet lunch in the restarant is average, so try to go earlier or later to the snack bar. We usually managed to find something each evening on the buffet (although there were a couple of nights when we just couldn't face any of the main dishes). There's no problem with the drinks and cocktails are included, which is unusual for AI. Try the gin fizz and brandy sour.

Staff: The lady on reception with short hair (apologies I didn't get her name) is lovely and extremely helpful - the others are not and pretend to speak no English when you have a problem. The table-waiting staff worked long hours and were generally cheerful. Most of the bar staff though are great and a special mention to Andri, Honey and Adam who were fantastic.

Rooms: A bit dated and basic but again this wasn't a problem. We had a leak in our bathroom that we reported on our first day but it was never fixed. The worst thing though was the shower. The first week it was OK but when the resort was full during the 2nd week the water was always cold or downright freezing. We did speak to reception several times but they just said that they had run out of hot water. We tried leaving the pool earlier but it didn't make any difference.

Entertainment: The entertainment team worked so hard and did a great job. Alex, Sophie and Gigi are lovely and really enthusiastic. Yes some of the evening stuff is a bit cheesy but we just laughed and went along with it. My son enjoyed the archery, volleyball and of course killer darts. He made lots of friends with children of all nationalities.

We managed to have a good time overall, mainly because we did our best to ignore the bad points. Although the freezing shower and poor food did get us down in the end and we were glad to come home. We'd go back to Cyprus but wouldn't return to Eleni and if you can afford to pay a bit extra then I'd encourage you to stay somewhere else. If not then hopefully you now know what to expect and will make the best of it just as we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view in block 31 and you will have a bit of piece and be near the pool.
4  Thank SurreyMrsB
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I returned from Eleni Village yesterday. We booked it as a last minute holiday but it was not cheap. Lots of mixed reviews on here so I thought bite the bullet and go, the most recent reviews at the time were positive so I thought it would be OK. We arrived at midnight, the check-in was with a night porter and he was very helpful and we got a carrier bag with some water and a sandwich in - nice touch, although not edible!

ROOM
Our room was like stepping back in time, similar to holidays I took with my parents in a self catering apartment in the late seventies (we booked a room with a kitchenette). The bedding and towels in our room also looked like they were from the same time zone. The temperature and speed of the air conditioning on the coolest yet fastest fan setting was like cats breath, which made for very uncomfortable nights. Beware of the water, we had a 7yr old with us and I had to run her a bath every night as we could not have used the shower. The water ran from freezing, to comfortable to scalding within seconds and was constantly like that - some nights my husband and I took cold showers because it was safer. The cleaners come round and literally whip round the room, there was hair and grit on our floor the whole time, months of dust behind the doors and the towels and bedding were changed 4 days after our arrival - we were only there 7 days! The first lot of bedding on my daughters bed had an old plaster stuck to it. On our final day we were being collected at 11.30am - we went to breakfast early having not finished packing, when we had come back the cleaners and changed the sheets and towels for the next family and made all the beds even though we were still in there!!

WAITING STAFF
Reception staff were OK, not overly friendly but service with a smile. The Maitre'd was lovely as were the cooking staff as they often came out and surveyed the food in the restaurant and always chatted. The waiting staff were beyond rude as were the bar staff. You got offered one drink at dinner or lunch and they didnt come near you again. Towards the end of our week I would order double our drinks to their dismay just so I could have more than one water in a small skinny glass!

DRINKS
Appalling quality. We pretty much drank water all day or coke. The water resembled the swimming pool taste and the coke/diet coke syrup was so diluted - we bought water from the supermarket in the end. I drank alcohol some evenings, this too was weak unless you particularly asked for more.

SUNBEDS
Everyone round the pool gets a sunbed and then they leave their towels on it for the whole period they are there. We realised this was clearly a need after a few days as the chance of a sunbed becoming available was slim to none. A couple of days we (3) shared one sunbed up against the side of the building and half way through our holiday when we did manage to secure 2 they were moved by other people wanting your spot! All sunbeds are lined up round the pool with no room to walk between, we regularly had to walk the length of the line and go round to get on our beds or pull them right out of the line, get in and pull them back in line. So you end up sitting elbow to elbow with everyone.

POOL
The pool we never saw be cleaned, there is a dirty thick tide mark round the whole pool. Out of 7 days we were there, 3 days everyone had to leave the pool as a child had done a poo in it.... gobsmacked. They added more chlorine and we had to wait 1.5hrs before getting back in. Not a tempting offer. Talking to one family who had been there 2 week, it was not an uncommon occurance.

Overall this hotel is never a 4 star. Its tired and although the building is in good repair everything in it needs updating. The entertainment staff were fine, they looked bored but probably fed up with the what they had to work with. The food was the only positive thing I could say about the place. A large selection of Greek food.

The resort is 95% full of Cypriot people. My husband is half Cypriot so I dont have issues with 'foreigners' but they are rude, loud and treat the small percentage of English that were there like 2nd class citizens. The waiting staff deal with the Cypriots first regardless how long you have been waiting. A group (10+) of English people were watching the Olympics one night in the lounge, 3 Cypriot people walked in with a member of staff turned the TV over to a local football match. When they voiced a complaint the reply was well its Cypriot football! It was a regular occurence if they wanted to watch something and no amount of complaining would change it.

Dont waste your money, I would have rather stayed at home.

6  Thank Donnadooo
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from a fantastic week at the Eleni resort with my two children aged 10 and 16.I found it was much better than my expectations as greek accom can be very basic. The studio room was really spacious and clean. The sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable and would be better for a child. After one day we went all inclusive which was really good value- plenty of choice at the restaurant and very quick,iendly service from the staff. Evening entertainment was great and suitable for all and there was plenty going on during the day for all ages without feeling pressured.
The whole atmosphere was very relaxing and friendly.
Fantastic huge pool.
Brochure pictures don't do the place justice.
My only criticism was that the on site shop did not sell any fresh food so it was not possible to even rustle up a sandwich without leaving the site- although there is a supermarket about 200 m away.
I would definitely return

Room Tip: Garden view rooms very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lanny6
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We returned from holiday yesterday. We had a fantastic time and met lots of nice people. The rooms were large and clean. We asked for extra pillows and they arrived in no time. The receptionists, bar and restaurant staff were always polite, helpful and very hardworking. The entertainment team worked hard to keep us all amused throughout the day and evening. The food was great, with options for vegetarians and fussy eaters, plenty of salads and a variety of hot food. There was a large selection of food for breakfast and trays of food replaced immediately. We never had a problem with sunloungers as the pool was large and there were plenty of sunloungers. The pools were lovely and clean with everyone encouraged to join in the games and the group dance. The pathway along the hotels near the sea was a good way to walk off our meals and see the beautiful sunset. My children aged 15-20 year olds had a fab time. I always find something to complain about but I have been defeated this time. It was an excellent holiday and we will definitely be returning.

7  Thank Koula219