“I only wish people were honest about this hotel services”

Eleni Holiday Village
Ranked #16 of 90 Speciality Lodging in Paphos
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My husband and I were here for three nights but I would have never chosen this hotel, if I had seen reviews like the one above. When I chose the hotel at beginning of this month, there were such good reviews on tripadvisors ...about Eleni Village Hotel, that when we got there, on the 8-th of October 2017 I couldn’t believe people could ever been satisfied in such awful conditions. I hope this hotel is like that, only at the end of their season, not like that will be an excuse! Nobody there knows anything about client services, especially at front office. I only wish I met one of their management team, so I could tell him/her personally, what a mess the whole place is!
I don’t have space here for all the bad things we experienced in the hotel and I couldn't post all my pictures, but I think you should stay away from this hotel for at least one year (there is construction site in front of hotel and also the whole management team needs to be replaced if they want a chance to improve themselves!). So, at least a year is a realistic term!
We are on an 8 year anniversary of marriage and I wrote an email to the hotel to inform them about our staying and ask for a romantic view and didn’t get any answer. I thought that was a bad sign, but I never thought we will get such an awful room, let alone the view from the balcony! We arrived a little bit late at a hotel since we took a car from Larnaca and drove there, at 9 p.m. and we were greeted by a lady receptionist from Serbia, a lit bit overwhelmed by the situation, because she was alone and there were 4 different request from three groups of people who were all asking her something in different languages and the two of us who were tired and wanted to be check-in. She told me she didn’t get any email from me or from the processor of my payment about our request for see view or a partial one, and since we got late there are no rooms with views, only at ground floor and told us to come back in the morning at 9 a.m. to ask receptionist manager. At that point I never imagine I would want to change the room for other reason besides the view, and I told her we will stay only 3 nights and it will not be convenient to move around. But the room was the worse room we ever stayed in a hotel! And believe me, we travel a lot! It was dirty, outdated and we thought it had bed bugs, we could not sleep and went to reception in that night at 2-3 a.m. and complain to some guy about bed and explaining him that there were something moving in our bed. He said he couldn’t do anything until 9 a.m., so we went for a drive our rental car, which was much cleaner on the interior than our hotel room!
When finally the 9 a.m came, no manager were there, only a small little girl, I am so sorry I didn’t remember her name, but I think there is only one lady brunette, small stature and looks around 25 years at most. Maybe that’s her excuse, I hope she is in training otherwise she has no place in this industry area. She tried to suggest that we exaggerate. I found that rather rude and impolite in the condition that we were, not being able to sleep in the room we paid for and spend half the night in the car, so I told her we never imagine things and that she needs to verify the room and then speak! In the room there were also huge noise from an engine, maybe some engine of interior pool, I don’t know! So, the noise from restaurant ended at 11.00 p.m, just like the first Serbian receptionist told us, but then she went home and we could sleep because our skin was itchy and the noise from engine pool was raging, and we recorded that and played it to receptionist who wouldn’t believe us to listen our telephone recordings. So we fight really hard to be moved in a more quiet room, not see view!

I am not a picky person, I just wanted to be served well in a hotel, I pay to stay in and especially the room to be clean. Our first complain about the hotel was this aspect, of cleanliness. I will let the pictures speak from themselves and only write that in my country every 4 stars hotel has tiny bottles of gel shower and shampoo, here they only give you two little small soaps no matter how many days you are staying! This is outrageous! It seems that guest take the things like they are, but is not normal in a hotel to go in reception and ask for hairdryer and pay some warranty for this, they suppose to be in the room, at 4 stars, in every room! In my country at seaside, not only the 4 stars have hairdryers, but even the 3 stars do! I saw on their web page they offer toiletry and decided not to take my shampoo for 4 days I going to spend there! Oh, boy, do I regret it! Everybody should complain until they change this politics, which is disrespectful to their clients! We are there to be in Holiday to rest or celebrate, not to make many roads at the reception asking for things that should have already been in the room, especially in a 4 star resort. And the internet, really?!! Like in the 19-th century?!
The food is beyond description and every chair in the interior restaurant looks like has never ever been cleaned, it makes you vomit and never come back!

Room Tip: Away from pool area, search for my picture with hotel map and see the blocks closer to see!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank annette022

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 10 days. Never again. Staff were rude. Looked like they were insulted by us being there. Slamming drinks down. Food was rubbish. I'm very easy to please with food but it was rank!. We payed all inclusive but paid to eat out every night. The hotel itself was very dated and has never been maintained since it was built. Lots of wires everywhere. You can tell it was built with English in mind as all the signs are English but the staff only seem to cater for Russians.
The room was awful, bed was like bricks. The fridge was cracked and snapped. Shelves missing. Balcony door took a real effort to open. The lock was smashed and loose. Then the balcony rails were all loose. And the "sea view" was all the old broken air con units and water tanks on the roof of the other apartments overlooking a building site. If I leaned over the loose balcony railings and looked right I could see a little bit of the ocean on the horizon. We had a door dividing our room with next door which had the handle removed and had Russians banging on it and shouting at 3 am while my 7 year old tried to sleep. I would never ever go here again. Bad staff. Bad rooms. Bad food. Wires on the floor in the restaurant keeping the soup warm with people tripping over it.
2* at best. Not been 4* for a long long time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jsnape85
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Admittedly I was due to stay at the St George nearby but unfortunately only found out the day before departure that it was overbooked. The travel agent booked me into this place instead as it was nearby and had space.

I have to agree with the previous comments. The staff are unsmiling and unhelpful. I arrived on my own at midnight and was waved off down the path towards my apartment with a heavy case and a flight of steps to contend with. I am well over 70.

The apartment is grim. No comfort at all. Bed firm - woke up stiff every day. No carpet. Bare minimum of utensils/plates in cupboards (not that I intended to self-cater), old TV. Aircon worked well. Poor lighting, not good for reading.

The Wi-Fi is only available in reception, and then you have to be near the router.

The food is average. Yes, you could find something to eat but nothing stood out.

The evening "entertainment" consisted of the children staying there providing a choreographed set of numbers presumably learned during the day at kids club and done to a deafening sound track, followed by bingo.

However, this place would be fine for families with children who are happy to play in the pool all day as that was a good size and not too deep. The children there seemed happy enough.

Needless to say, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Arrived for 14 nights all inclusive on 25 sept at 10.30pm, check in fine put sarnies in the fridge for us, nice touch, room very large with small kitchen area and seperate bedroom and bathroom, quite sparse and dated with a huge old type tv and small balcony, all clean and tidy, beds were comfatable but too soft for me as i have a back problem but slept on the bed setee which was great, only criticism of the room was no wi fi access even though i paid an extra 20 euros for it, dont bother and only one english tv channel, bbc world news. Facilities, the way its all set out is great, nice walkways between the blocks and to the pool and bars, the pool is amazing and spotless and the sunset views are incredible, loads of sunbeds and inflatables as well, has two bars but only one open at a time during the day the bottom bar is open, it serves really good snacks, burgers, pasta, omlettes through the day but bit of a walk for a drink till the top bar opens around 5.30, also has a small indoor pool and sauna and gym and laundry, no comlaints on this front, Food, we went inclusive but would really think hard before you book the food is average with a theme every night which is repeated every week and in honesty tasted very much the same every night and dinnertime so not too impressed, breakfast was standard continental or english but service was slow and always waiting for something that had run out. Location, this is where i think you should consider inclusive or another option, apart from a few bars and restaurants within 10mins walk there is nothing around, coral bay is 10 mins one way and is 1.5 euro each way or 2.5 after 9.30pm and paphos harhour is about 15 mins the other way for the same price or 5 euros for an all day ticket, the beach is a fair walk and is mainly rocks, coral bay is a lovely beach, inclusive suited us because we are not beach people and like to sit round the pool and have a drink but we ate out quite a few nights due to the location of the place. Staff were mainly ok, managers very helpful some of the others not so. Clientele although there were a few brits there mainly russians who were on the whole rude and arrogant, maybe just the time we chose to go, some french as well. my summary we had a great holiday here, apart from the food, the entertainment was hit and miss and like the food repeated every week, also a kids club but cannot comment on that sorry, we like to get out and about so location was not an issue but if you had a family something to look at

Room Tip: bottom end for sunset, ground floor if you have kids
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We arrived at eleni village on the 22nd September at 10pm it was dark so was shocked in morning to see see the front view outside hotel was like a building site, we arrived late and there was no where to change any euros or eat as there was only 2 pubs near by, we decided to upgrade to all inclusive as it’s bus rides away to restaurants/bars, half way through holiday my partner was ill where I got a private doctor out to our hotel room I asked the hotel receptionist for some help with numbers and she was no help at all it seemed to me they didn’t want a doctor at hotel. The pool area the clean and nice to sit around no fighting for sun beds either, the sea view rooms are the best as u get a nice view of the sun setting every night.. won’t miss eating in this hotel though the restaurant staff were so miserable dirty looks and stares every time we got yo to eat found it very uncomfortable on our last night one of the restaurant staff questioned weather we was all inclusive either though we had our bands on and had eaten there most days they then started taking about us rudely trying to be sly and pointing which spoilt our last night here, hotel is more catered for Russians and is themed pretty much for Russians, I wouldn’t stay at this hotel again and wouldn’t recommend anyone who loves the beach the beach is a good 25 minutes sweaty bus journey,

Room Tip: Need ungrading
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank 196alexaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
3.1 km away
2.9 km away
Avlida Hotel
Avlida Hotel
#43 of 84 in Paphos

Been to Eleni Holiday Village? Share your experiences!